La Croix Pan Walkthrough

Guides, reviews and interviews for freeware games we had on this site previously.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

La Croix Pan Walkthrough

Post by Chroelle »

This walkthrough was made for CWF (Curlys world of freeware)
If you would like to host this walkthrough on your site then please send me a mail. I would like to know where it is being hosted.
If you find this walkthrough anywhere else then please let me know via mail Christian(at)connect-webdesign.dk

Current adress: http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com

The walkthrough was made by admin Chroelle (Christian Toft)
Like any other Walkthrough this is a giant SPOILER. You will loose the fun of finding out things yourself, but if you are stuck this will help you get on. So decide for yourself before you read on.

Game creator: TheJBurger

Game Info:
The game is very short and was never meant to be longer, but it is graphically very beautiful, and gameplaywise good too.

The game is about a lone American soldier during World War II who in lack of fellow troopers decide to defend a French town all by himself.

You find yourself looking for a good place to take out enemies approaching the town, and have already decided that the tower in the center of the town is a good place. (No shit sherlock).

As the game begins you stand before the door of the tower, and you might have guessed that it wont be as easy as just opening it and walking up. So try using the hand/use function on the door. It is locked you have now realised. Ok, what to do about that. Since you are reading this walkthrough I am thinking that you have already tried looking at the door, shooting at the door, looking at the grass, shooting at the grass (did you?), looking at the building and maybe trying to exit this opening screen to get to another location hoping to find a key for the tower.

The solution is actually closer than you would think. Have you noticed the function that looks like a foot. You might like me have decided to yourself that that would be the "walk to" function, but it isn't. Hover your mouse over it and you will see that it is in fact a "kick" function. Now try kicking the grass.... No... You might want to kick the door. And as you do so it will open slightly. Kick it again, and maybe again. It has opened a little but not enough for you to get through.

IF you examine the door opening you will see that there is a chain. This is what is keeping you out, so what better way than to shoot it. Do so. Voila, and the door is now able to open.

YOu can now enter the ground floor of the tower. There is nothing of any real interest here, as you cant do much with the chain, and you have no business down here. Hurry upstairs (via the stairs saying UPSTAIRS.)

You are now on some sort of landing just below the top of the tower. The hatch is just there over the ladder ready for you to open... But now what is this? The hatch wont open. You are now thinking if you can use that little hole in the wall to shoot through but it is too small for you to shoot properly. It would propably be a safer snipernest though.

The hatch needs opening and you cant do it by hand. Stand next to the ladder and use the rifle. This will result in you hammering the hatch loose with the handle of your rifle. Good work. Now you can open it by hand, and you crawl up there.

It seems there has been soldiers here before you as you can see from the crate which used to carry ammo but is now empty (damned), and the sandbags. I dont know if is of any importance (I can imagine it is) but you can close the hatch and put the smallest sandbag on top of it.

Now you can USE the rifle with the windows. You will only be allowed to actually look out of the left window, as that is the window overlooking the main street. When you do this the first time around you will be instructed as to how to aim and reload. Learn this, and be aware how your characters breathing has an effect on your aim.
Your character will say that it seems quiet now but maybe you should check back later. Well you should do so if you actually want to shoot some soldiers.
If you listen for the sound of heavy machinery passing, then that is your clue to look out the window, and see a tank roll by, followed by a group of German soldiers.
From here on you can use whatever strategy gives you the victory, but here is how I did it.
I waited for the soldiers to be well up the street going towards the tower, and then took out the back ones first as they might go back in hiding behind the small wall where they came from, and they are hard hitting back there. Then I took out the rest, making sure to reload a couple of times, and always starting with the ones firing back at me. I got out of there with my health still high, and having 7 rounds left, so there was no problems there.

After firing down the last enemy soldier I was making ready to leave, but my character told me that I should make sure that there was no more enemies, and so I looked back out the window. And it seems there was two soldiers coming down the road. My character relatively late told me that they were friendlies, as I was very close to making use of my last 7 rounds.

I removed the sandbag from the hatch and went down. I had heard some footsteps before but I was not sure what to think of this. Alas the footsteps belonged to a German soldier who was waiting for me on the landing with his rifle in my face.
What to do know? My rather rusty German had me understand that this soldier would like me to stand still and put down my rifle. I was running out of options, so after once putting down my rifle and letting the enemy blow my brains out onto the landing floor, I was pretty sure this was not how it was supposed to go. So I loaded and tried once more. This time I didn't give him my rifle, and he once again blew my brains out. Ok... I was looking for a third option. I put down my rifle (USE RIFLE WITH FLOOR) and suddenly remembered the KICK function. I kicked the soldier in the chest, making him cry out that this was a terrible mistake by me. I hurriedly grabbed my rifle and used it with the soldier, who fell over dead. At the same time, the options menu is removed from the screen. And you can now only GO DOWNSTAIRS to meet up with the two troopers you saw through your scope earlier. And endsequence begin finishing the game.
A great but very short game.

Thanks for reading this, and I hope it helped you enjoy the game more.
If I missed out on something please make me aware by sending feedback to [email protected] (Make the subject "Le Croix Pan Walkthrough feedback"). Also if you would just like to tell me what you think of my Walkthrough then let me know too.

Copyright 2007
Christian Toft
Administrator of CWF
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain