A Vampyre Story

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

A Vampyre Story

Post by Scythe »

"A Vampyre Story takes you to Europe during the Victorian era. You'll play as a young French opera star being held captive by a deranged vampire."

This looks promising, if it ever gets published. Currently looking for a publisher, I hear...
Attachments
VS.jpg
VS.jpg (192.31 KiB) Viewed 4848 times
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

It's out, I have it, and it's über cool. Voice acting so bad, it cannot be faked, slowest moving character ever, wise guys all over Draxsylvania... darn cute locales and a collection of puzzles that I like. Voice acting might put you off, I wouldn't know, but it's the best darn adventure game in years, if you ask me. Here's hoping it's also longer than I fear it might be.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Gods curse developers who don't finish their games but rely on cliffhanger endings with suspicious "see you in A Vampyre Story Part 2" tags...
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Scythe wrote:Gods curse developers who don't finish their games but rely on cliffhanger endings with suspicious "see you in A Vampyre Story Part 2" tags...
You are free to blame Telltale games who showed that adventure gaming can be made profitable ...if it's episodic. =)

I'm waiting for Deathspank... =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I played this game as soon as it was released, and have to say that as much as I liked it I hated it at the same time.

Voice acting was so terrible that it was great.
Slow moving characters and loads into new movements made it annoying
Story was good.

I read an interview with one of the developers just before it was released who said that they had soooo many ideas and the game was quite big that they decided to split it into episodes, which I am fine with. However when you pay £20 for 1 game you expect it to be of fair size, I was just getting into the game and then it ends...I thought to myself, having only played it for a few hours and for it to just end the way it did, wow well if that is a long adventure game in their eyes I would hate to know what a short one is.

I agree tell tales episodic adventured propably have something to do with it, but what other developers need to learn is that tell tale games give you a full game (maybe a little short but still satisfies) that ends and has a little cliff hanger that leaves you wanting more...and you get more the next month, and you pay maybe a little more that the average game for 5 or so episodes.

With A Vampyre Story I have paid full price for a game that if internet rumours are true is going to be in 3 parts so that is paying 3 times as much to play the whole game. So on a whole while I enjoyed what I did play, I felt empty when it ended as if it was all a little pointless as it didn't end, it didn't leave me with a feeling that I had completed some stage of the game ready for the next stage.

Personally I think they just didn't finish it, after all it was supposed to be released about 2 years before it was, but due to all the problems that they had it wasn't...so I just think after all the set backs they just decided, lets pretend its episode based and release what has been finished.