Quadrax

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Quadrax

Post by eMTe »

Quadrax is the remake of ZX Spectrum game (made by the same authors). Gameplay is similar to Humans - player has to push blocks around the screen and make his way to exit. What differs Quadrax from tens of similar titles is great level design - levels are VERY HARD, but it's the main factor that makes good brain-teaser game, everyone should agree with that. Switches, teleports, lifts, falling blocks - hundreds of hours of gameplay for fans of pure logic games, without time limits and hordes of monsters. I'm glued to the screen atm, so check this game - it's pure fun.

Developer: Cauldron

Here's the download link:

http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/game_i ... ?gameid=41
Attachments
qqq.jpg
qqq.jpg (90.89 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
qq.jpg
qq.jpg (86.45 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
q.jpg
q.jpg (107.58 KiB) Viewed 5037 times
Last edited by eMTe on Fri Aug 08, 2008 20:26, edited 2 times in total.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Could you maybe post some screenshots for this game?
I might need you to email me this game - depending on the size of the download....
Below 1MB is fine, but above I need to know first...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

ImageImageImage
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Together with Hex-A-Hop and Blackshift my favourite puzzle freeware game, and of the best block-pushers games I played. Graphics and sound are definitely oldish, but it's the gameplay that counts. Game is highly addicitive, levels are hard and one cannot miss the interesting storyline (rarely seen in puzzle games).

Minor flaws: character movement is a bit unpredictable so you can find yourself falling down the gap quite often. Also game becomes a bit repetitive if you know all types of blocks and traps and how to avoid them. Even the hardest level becomes a lot easier then. But the game is still very hard nonetheless.