Society of Sinister Minds

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Post by Zandrav Ibistenn »

fadedmind wrote:Still this thread is rather good IMO
Thank you, maz, in all modesty I think so too, but I've been wondering: How come you haven't joined us yet?
Parvini wrote:The League would like to distance itself from the actions of a couple of its renegade members who became somewhat enamoured with each other and proceeded to lower the tone of Parvini's castle.
Well that's a relief. I reacted with shock and revulsion when I was made aware of what also transpired within the castle. I trust that in the future The League will enact measures to better protect itself from internal strife.
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Custodian of the Symposium.

[b]Error Tracking[/b]: Let's begin at the amygdala...
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Zandrav Ibistenn wrote:
Thank you, maz, in all modesty I think so too, but I've been wondering: How come you haven't joined us yet?
Simple Zandy... I've fallen too deep in to the bar culture myself :D I'm an odd peep, having my own path somewhere in the middle :rolleyes:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Someone get a hold of Varny. We got ourselves a neutral gang here
:D

It may come as no suprise to this formed league, and the provokées that has bestowed them an answer that I have read up on this as well as any other thread in this entire forum everytime there was a new answer. I am though somehow puzzled, but delighted, that this sinister brotherhood has been attacked, as I see no idea in having this if it is not attacked.
A brotherhood that never needs to defend itself is a useless one. So I now see a use for it, but will not join it, nor will I join the "bar-culture" side. You may think of me as on either of these sides, but believe me when I say that I find every single post in here useful. Be it a 2 line update in how wednesdays work was for someone as well as a 3 pages explanation on why the Amygdala is so errorprone...
As FM has so brilliantly put it:
...after all, the goal for this site is to exist. And grow. So we should have something for different people...
And I think we have this.
I think that every single member in here has contributed to where we are now, and I am not concerned.
I have stated before that CWF saw daylights a little prematurely, as I saw a need for it asap. It has since then been nurtured by the loving caring members of this site. Be it the funloving bargoers or the knowledge-seeking brothers. Or the third and fourth group of people.
A good way to see people devotion to the site is that they will actually take up so much time to write the answers that you can find in this thread. If you didn't care then you would just have left. So I appreciate it once more, and will encourage people to look through the many threads made on design suggestions, thread creation, feedback and suggestion forum, the bar, symposium and the freeware forum. Some forgot - but not on purpose.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I just want to voice that I am not against this, I think its intresting. The thing that I am against is how you put yourself forward. Its forceful and to some extent agressive...

I have always belived that people should have the right to chose where they go and where they spend their own time. A forum is suposed to be fun some enjoy the "meaningless" topics of the bar, other like more in-depth ways. As has been said before neither is right or wrong. This group intrests me (not in a I will join you kind of way) I feel as if in a way it has worked. Yes this forum has been quiet but and the bar culture isn't going to go anywhere but other parts of the forum have been active.

I say post where most intrests you, don't feel presured to have to make an essay of a post, and if catching up with people in a less topical manner is what you wish then do so. Don't feel you have to choose one or the other, there is always the option that I choose, which is both, I enjoy topical debates if it is something that intests me but I also like to just see how people are and what they have been up to. I mean how can you say that somebodies real life is meaningless or as was put in the first post
white noise - in the sense that it communicates nothing and is irritating.
So what I took that as is you think the people in this forums lives are irratating and nothing, after all thats what mostly goes on in the bar, I know its not real life but its a way to say hi today I did...and I am so... maybe the people who offer topical debates don't see the point in sharing such information incase a weakness can be found in their arguments. But I will always wish to know how the people that I have disagreements with in other threads are...how their real lives are...why they are in a bad mood, or is there is anything I can do ohh distant as I am from them that could help in any small way. Silly I know but thats what annoyed me the most just the way you described what went on in the bar.

Ohh and yes should you wish to help out this forum in a small way then please look in the thread linked below and give a small input into how the site should look. As stupid as the question I asked may be it will help a lot and a simple clean layout of a site can attract the people you want here so badly. So input is needed. Thanks

http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/viewtopic.php?t=522
Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

Chroelle wrote:I am though somehow puzzled, but delighted, that this sinister brotherhood has been attacked
That we were assailed by the minions of "righteousness" happened as expected...

"Everything that elevates an individual above the herd and
intimidates the neighbour is henceforth called evil; and
the fair, modest, submissive and conforming mentality,
the mediocrity of desires attains moral designations and honors"
- Nietzsche

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
Dizi wrote:The thing that I am against is how you put yourself forward. Its forceful and to some extent agressive...
Yes, you've mentioned that you're against free speech, the lack of which is a feature of all despotic countries, but you've yet to defend that belief in the appropriate place.

Asking us to be more agreeable is to ask for the impossible, because then we would cease to be what we are - and be destroyed.
When you say there's no right or wrong in ones preferences, then you're of course correct, because there's no moral aspect to it, but in our view, certain preferences are better than others and we're not ashamed to admit that, nor too frightened by the prevailing consensus to outspokenly pronounce it. Due to the importance we ascribe to our efforts we wish to antagonize our opposition: The ineffectual, perpetuating bar-culture, and since it is placid, conform, plain and unimaginative, we strive to be combative, bohemian, insidious and creative.

Concerning my comparison of bar chat and white noise I'll clarify: It's not that I regard people's lives as meaningless - I just don't care.
Dizi wrote:This group intrests me (not in a I will join you kind of way)
Regardless, given reasons that you may or may not be aware of, we still consider you a potential prospect. :twisted:
fadedmind wrote:
Zandrav Ibistenn wrote:
Simple Zandy... I've fallen too deep in to the bar culture myself :D I'm an odd peep, having my own path somewhere in the middle :rolleyes:
AAAAAAARRRGGHHH!!!!!

*Zandrav regains his composure.

Then I would just like to point out that this balance of yours is presently quite skewed in the disfavour of the Symposium. :P
Man's fault lies in his propensity towards willingly doing what feels good and his procrastinating reluctance to doing what is immediately uncomfortable but good.

Act only according to that maxim whereby you can at the same time will that it should become a universal law.
- Immanuel Kant

Zandrav Ibistenn
Patron

We help you improve yourself

ATTENTION:

Present and future SOSM members and other people of "evil" inclination should familiarize themselves with this set of guidelines to improve their "villainy" and be better prepared to counter enemy tactics.

- Immanuel Kant

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

You gotta love that. Read two thirds of it and laughed quite a few times. It is extremely important for you accomplises to know these simple rules I must say.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

I have read read the set of guidelines and must say this should be common sense to anyone with ambitions to being the evil overlord. In fact, if these are not obvious you have no chance. In any case you have no chance, because although you could not be employed by Zandrav and the SOSM without this knowledge it is not a guide on how to become the overlord but on how to remain the overlord. When your post count outside the bar equal the sqaure of your posts inside (one day I will qualify) I am sure he will reveal the secret to becoming the overlord, but by then it will be too late as our society and its members care not who is the evil overlord - as long as there is one. And as Zandrav is the progenitor and instigator of our evil society you will also know there is nobody better qualified for the position. All that is left is to co-operate and to enjoy the rewards of your close association with such absolute power.
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

Chief of security, reporting form his . . . uhhh . . nap on . . . duty . . . ummm . .

hey! This ain't the castle! >(
^_^
Got this forum working for me, finally!
Thank you Chroelle!

Only been trying for . . . . more then a year, maybe?

If I become inactive, you may be able to find me on www.war-facts.com (player id: 9512 or 9779) or on the war-facts server for CF+