The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Hi all :D

I see that there might be a problem later on this year thanks to SGs rule. So much for keeping the peace of this place :p

*dizi draws up plans to add a smoking room built over the summer
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Happy birthday to you, bnag-san! ^_^

And hiya, Dizi-san. ^_^

I got my fridge back working today; turned out the thing wasn't fortunately broken, but the workers had tinkered with the electric board and accidentally caused the fuse for the fridge's socket to break... only today did I come up with that thought, and it worked. ^_^

What? I'm not too good at electricity-related issues, so off with those amused faces. T_T

Anyway, tomorrow I'll have my Japanese final exam, after which I only have one more uni exam this spring. Relaxed. :balloon:

This line is here just to make sure not every line in my message ends in a smiley.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Bringing back the eternal tradition of big (not necessarily red) writing...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BNAG!!!

:balloon: :balloon: :balloon:

I'm going to my mate's wedding on Saturday and still dont know which shirt should I dress - black or orange. Sandy suede shoes, black corduroy trousers, brown jacket... Any advices? I'm 99% sure that I'll dress the orange one.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Hi pitkin :D

ohhh dear I didn't say happy birthday so I will now

Happy birthday Bnag.

As for you eMTe I would say orange too. If you have black trousers on and then a black shirt with the brown jacket and sandy shoes I think that it might look a little odd colour wise. But then again it depends on the shade of orange that it is. So there is my little advise to you, but not being able to see the clothes makes it hard to comment.
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

Happy Bday Bnag :D :D Best wishes...now get the party started and have fun :) (just in case you are not having it) :)

Japanese exam, Pitkin! Wow! Is it going to be hard?
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

@Bnag: Happy Bday friend!!! Say Hi to family and enjoy for the day :)

I would love to have a beer... I have been writing some C++ code for a week now, and I could really have a break...

Well, how are things going in here? Everyone is well and so on? Oh, btw.. If anyone knows people able to code with php, we could really use a hand ;) Pitkin? ;)

Errmm... I know I should really participate more, but I really am not able to :| I do read the topics though :) And I must say I do loike the way oracle has been filling up with interesting threads :) Thumbs up Zand and mrG :)
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Happy birthday to bnag

eMTe, don't take a orange suit to a wedding, what in hell's name are you thinking, take a blue tuxedo like everyone else ... as for the autumn, don't worry I'll think of something to keep you warm and smoking without you ending up severly burnt ... as for my sig, I only say you must play Fallout more often; and listen to the intro, of course

Good luck to you Pitkin, you will surely pass.

Maz, here enjoy some Vodka and relax for a little while.

Mistergreen, you can try to bypass the security system anytime you like, I may like to put it to the test
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Happy Birthday Bnag.

Does Pitkin know PHP perhaps??
Hopefully he understands Japanese :lol:

Regarding the so far called Oracle, I am also very pleased with the topic creations in there, and have actually thought of making a few threads myself. Have tried to participate as much as possible, but it's rather hard, when your native language isn't english.

Regarding wedding dress-codes. The only thing you should remember is not to wear a black shirt as it is seen as bad luck to wear black at weddings. Most people forgt this and/or dont bother.
Do you have any other choices for shirts. (I'm not too crazy about orange..) Otherwise I would say white would be a classic, any brown shades would look weird, and yellow, green and blue as well. White might seem dull, but maybe it is the right choice for this one. Actually (I can't believe I am saying this) a pink might look good... (not sure thoug as I ain't that good at visualizing.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Pink black and brown...hmmm I don't think that would work, although all I am thinking about now is really bright pink and imagining eMTe in briight pink is quite funny, so yes pink is good :p

Hi FM great to see you in here, fancy a game of darts during your break, I think for a nice hardworking shadow lurker as yourself I can make an exception to beign a one man darts player :D

Maz? where is Maz SG? I can't let him see me play darts with FM
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

LoL Diz :D Darts with you... Anytime ^_^

And don't worry about Maz, that old chap has gone underground to hide from himself :D
Last edited by Maz on Fri Apr 21, 2006 1:40, edited 1 time in total.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

No, I'll be wearing pink on MY wedding, so I can't do it now. It's already reserved...

I usually wear black shirt to grey/silver jacket, that's why I have some problems now... I'll stick to orange I think, it's spring, it's sunny weather finally and my friend is kinda liberal when it comes to dress-codes...

Interesting what you say about black shirts, Chrolle. After my last wedding party (silver jacket, black shirt) I had an argument with a woman and all the way back we didnt talk to ourselves. And so is up to today... :roll: Black is my favourite colour since childhood... Well, it may be favourite, but it isnt lucky I guess...

And I hate Fallout, SGSW. Reason? Date of release. After 1995. So forget it. :p
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Thanks for the good luck wishes, folks. ^_^ As for Greezlee-san and SGSW-san, I don't really believe it's going to be too difficult; I've been doing very well during classes all the time and the exam won't be too long to fill out either, I suppose. I'm not 100% how I'd do in a phone conversation trying to order pizza and cola, but I trust improvisation when it comes to languages. :mrgreen:
Chroelle wrote:Does Pitkin know PHP perhaps??
Hopefully he understands Japanese :lol:
Hai, nihongo ga wakarimasu. Demo PHP ga amari wakarimasen. (SETS*: 'Yes, I understand Japanese, but PHP hardly at all.' He's lying, by the way, he doesn't understand PHP at all.)

*cough*

Finally, the shirt issue of eMTe-san; like most others, I also think it'd be better go with the planned orange shirt instead of the black one. Black is such a dark colour for weddings and all that. ^^;

*) SETS = Super Ego Translation Service
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

*Dizi sends good luck wishes over the sea and land to pitkin

Good luck pitkin I'm sure you don't need it as you will do well :D
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

Ah! Finally, it's friday! I have a whole weekend for fun and relaxation... and tonight I think I'm going to the concert of the local punk band "Manure" to hear their song called "Why did you burp?"! :) The only problem is I got a sore throat so I won't be able to drink any beer :I
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I had plans to go out tonight :(

turns out that a few weeks ago I told a friend he could stay over here as some of his family was staying over at his and there was no where for him to sleep. So thats my plans gone bye bye...well there is always next weekend :p
greezlee
Prospect

Post by greezlee »

Dizi wrote:I had plans to go out tonight :(

turns out that a few weeks ago I told a friend he could stay over here as some of his family was staying over at his and there was no where for him to sleep. So thats my plans gone bye bye...well there is always next weekend :p
Make him go out and party! Problem solved!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

teehee that is an idea, but it was a nice night out with my boyfriend for a mean and then to the pub. So we'll just get some stuff in and try and get some others over. If I can be bothered
knighteyes
Tourist

Post by knighteyes »

So Wheres the Tequila ?
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

the tequila is behind the bar...where all the drinks are

Welcome to the bar, where is all you do in a post is ask for a drink you will get sent down to hell (or the maze of torture), but as this is your first time here no punishment will be given. But now you know for next time :p
knighteyes
Tourist

Post by knighteyes »

Ahh well ... I am sorry ... I`ll just bring my own ... This caffinee driven insanity doesnt help ... MUHahahaha, so ploting to take over the world here also gets me sent to hell ?