Hugo (SilverRock Production)

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

vifa
Prospect

Hugo (SilverRock Production)

Post by vifa »

I would be very happy if the Hugo games could be freeware.
What is the opportunity to see these classic games again?

Vifa
Last edited by vifa on Thu Feb 22, 2007 20:09, edited 1 time in total.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
vifa
Prospect

Post by vifa »

The one, you not can find on Mobygames...It is a danish game made by SilverRock Production. I am looking for the 3 first games, "Hugo på Nye eventyr", "Hugo på Nye eventyr del 2" og "Skærmtrolden Hugo"
I am looking for the DOS version

See more one this site:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c67JE9Q2-FM

The game is from around 1993 (maybe 1992)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am a bit worried that the Hugo series might be a problem as there are still sequals being made... But I will give it a try though.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

These games were very popular in germany too. They even had their own TV show for kids.

Would be great to see them as freeware...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
vifa
Prospect

Post by vifa »

I thought that too. The Hugo games was also in Danish Television ´back then`
I loved to play the games as child.

(I have still all the original disks, manuals and boxes, but unfortunately the disks do not work anymore. Thats why I would like to see the games as freeware.)

Also in Denmark these games where very popular, almost every people know Hugo today. And I still keep myself in hearing people say quotes from the games. These games WAS, and still are, HUGE!

Vifa
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Oh, I had almost forgotten Hugo the troll :D
Hugo games were also viewed on Finnish television :) Good call vifa! Oh, and also welcome on board! I see you're Danish. All of a sudden I feel we Finnish have turned to be minority instead of majority on this forum :p

Oh, and BTW. Is it snowing in there too? Chroelle has been whining about the snow for a few days now, I am just interested to hear if it really is that bed, or if he is just a bit touchy :p :p :p

Anyways, I am glad to see some new people online, and I do hope you enjoy your stay :) Oh, BTW. why don't you choose an avatar? I like avatars, they help me to form a 'picture' of the person behind the nickname... I believe others would not see me as they do, if I did not keep the Darlok avatar so faitfully, when world was still young ;)
vifa
Prospect

Post by vifa »

Yes, we have got about 20-50 cm. since Wednesday. And look, I have now got an avater!
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I like that avatar Vifa. It looks somehow familiar, but I cannot say where I have exactly seen it... Though all of a sudden I had odd desire to play duke nukem 3D again, so perhaps the picture was in that game?

And half meter of snow in a few days... That's quite lot even in Finland's scale. So perhaps Chroelle is not such a sissy afterall ;) I see you live in Hjemme... Don't we all? :D (I was fooled for a few seconds with the location... I started wondering if Hjemme is close to where Chroelle lives :D Well, luckily I know a lil bit of Swedish, and understood that Swedish hem, and Danish Hjemme must mean the same thing :D It was so close that I did not do fool out of myself in public :p

Wait a second... I just admitted whole thing O_o So I assume I did fool out of me after all :|
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well it did hit close to home :lol:

I live at the same place Vifa does actually :D Hjemme.
And I am thinking Worms, when it comes to the avatar..
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
vifa
Prospect

Post by vifa »

To be precise, the avater is from ´Duke Nukem 3D´, but I think Chroelle is a little bit right about the ´Worms´.

I am a bit worried that the Hugo series might be a problem as there are still sequals being made
The 3 first Hugo games was made by SilverRock Production, and the sequals are made by ITE.
mysession
Probably a spambot

Re: Hugo (SilverRock Production)

Post by mysession »

A late reply but...

I've found a link here
http://www.oyuncuu.net/indir-11-Hugo.html
check this out.
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I remember playing that.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

mysession wrote:A late reply but...

I've found a link here
http://www.oyuncuu.net/indir-11-Hugo.html
check this out.
Legally this seems to be a very doubtful site. There are lots of games you can download that aren't freeware for sure (e.g. "Monkey Island", "Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade" or "Pirates! Gold").
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
vifa
Prospect

Post by vifa »

That is odd. I haven't checked this forum for a while now, and then when I do, new posts have been made.

Well, thank you for the link, I am already looking forward to playing Hugo again :D