I can press keys

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

I can press keys

Post by Chroelle »

Adam Dawes who brought us Highway Pursuit has made a new game-developing company with a fresh concept. Icangames.com is all about making games for kids between 1-3 (maybe more).

If you ever got annoyed about having to remove your kid from the keyboard because he wanted to play with his dad, with a big scene afterwards, and the sound of dad or moms heart breaking, then I can press keys is for you.

I have started a cooperation with Adam Dawes to support this projects with translation. It is however not freeware, which is why I posted it in here, but you can try out the game for free here:
http://www.icangames.com/ican/index.html

Maz... This one is for you too. I had a ton of fun with Anna.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

To be honest I'm a bit torn about this project. I think many kids already suffer from an overdose of audio-visual stimuli in nowadays, so I don't see any reasons to create special computer games for one and two year old toddlers to make things even worse. You might call me conservative, but I have the oppinion that kids in that age don't belong in front of a monitor or a TV.

As always there's nothing to say against it if parents act responsible and and let the kids play/watch for a couple of minutes. But experience shows that many parents use these kind of stuff to keep their kids quiet, so they don't have to deal with them and leave the kids alone with the TV/Computer for hours. And I don't think little kids really can assimilate this kind of "electronic" stimuli.

Hope you didn't take this one as an offense, Chroelle as I'm pretty sure that you act responsible and won't leave Anna alone in front of the monitor. But my work during the last few years destroyed much of my believe in the majority of parents...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well working with kids I see a lot of the same issues you do, but this I see more as a game I play along with Anna, and not something to keep her busy and out of my hair.
I dont take it as an offense. :D
I take this game out whenever I feel she is standing beside me watching me, and I am afraid what she could do if she pressed alot of keys. She loves it for a couple of minutes and then I dont feel like such a ... for not playing with her, and doing work instead. It really is a fun way to spend time with her.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain