Theseis

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

spanek
Tycoon

Theseis

Post by spanek »

I know that we should post only about freeware games but I wanted to show you this game, which is made by a small Greek game developing company and is a great breakthrough for a country like ours.

The game is called Theseis and it will be an adventure (tomb raider - myst style). It will be placed in Modern Athens and through time travel it will involve also Ancient Greece.
One thing that amazed me is, that the Story Prelude is in ancient Greek (Homer Greek), a language that we don't use anymore.

"A little about Theseis.

A Journey of Heroes
Andonicos Kalogerou is a man devoted to science and the war against superstition. From his office in the historic centre of Athens, he has worked diligently for more than 5 years, traveling all over Greece and revealing the paranormal for what it truly is: drunken fantasies and uneducated hysteria.
But his intelligible, safe little world is going to come crushing down when a call from Pheve, his adopted sister and fervent advocate of the mythic, informs him that his step-father is not only missing, but presumed dead as well. With a heavy heart, Andronicos travels to the place of his childhood, high atop the Greek mountains, to bury an empty coffin and reunite with his quarrelsome sibling. Little does he know that each step irrevocably brings him and Pheve closer to what Destiny has in store for them. For the death of their parent heralds the beginning of the greatest struggle between good and evil with the prize being nothing less than the very future of this world.

From the hidden network of caves beneath the Greek metropolis, crawling with the remnants of a bygone age and the treasures of the past, to long lost places of legend all over Greece, Andronicos and Pheve struggle to uncover the pieces of an ancient conspiracy, kept secret through stealth and murder. But what they find could well be just the tip of the iceberg. For beneath the cover of shadows and time, a great power lay dormant, waiting for the time when it will once again come forth to the light of day, back amongst the people where it belongs.
Awe and dread, humor and split-second decisions, discovery and betrayal, the mythical and the mundane, are all intertwined in this fast paced crossing to the other side, where your only allies are the discarded rumors of ancient folklore, dubious medieval books and above all your wits!
features
A griping story that emerges and places you in a Greece full of marvel, danger and back-stage scheming just beneath the surface of everyday life.

- Play with both Andronicus and Pheve as you race against men and monsters to uncover the secret of Theseis.

- Multiple endings according to the decisions made in the game.

- A wide variety of puzzles based on both Greek Mythology and mind-boggling conundrums that captivate the player.

- Colorful characters and localities, ranging from neo-classical buildings to the grim depths of Hades.

- Being created first for PC platform and possibly for next gen consoles.(Xbox 360)"

The above is taken from the site directly.

The site is www.theseisgame.com. Download the Prelude to take a glance of the game.

And some screenshots :

[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

It's beautiful. The main character is, uhm, not very original though, is she? :lol:
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

There are 3 main characters in the game. Two men and one woman. Check out the site to see them all ;)
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Screens look beatiful, will check trailers soon. Pity I wont play full game as I dont buy games at all. :lol:

This should be moved to offline gaming...? But on the other side there are no official rules yet. ^^
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Looks interesting!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I do like the idea :) Mixing some 'historical stories' in a game are actually a nice idea! Especially when it is something as famous as old stories from Greece!

Actually, now that I think of it, I would love to see a computer game which would base on the world of anxient Finnish stories... Characters like 'Väinämöinen', artefacts like 'Sampo', all of the forests 'ghosts' like maahiaiset and underwater beast Näkki... Damn, that could be interesting :)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Well, Max Payne was quite Finnish. I mean, a rather "kullervoinen" kind of guy.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

News section reveals many new reviews, new interviews, new trailers... Which means there's nothing new. :) But it doesnt look like this project will have any trouble. Except with the pace of development.

Topic moved to offline gaming, since game wont be freeware.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)