A small suggestion

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

moshboy

A small suggestion

Post by moshboy »

Just came up with a small suggestion - create a subforum called 'In Progress' within the freeware games forum with any 'in development' freeware games that are worth keeping an eye on. One thread per game. I don't know about anyone else but I know of a few games that are worth keeping an eye on for release.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Excellent idea.

I know too a couple of games worth keeping an eye on. And this will give us the opportunity of drawing developers' attention to CWF as they'd be of course informed about the forum.

How about possibility of announcing games by developers themselves? Of course after crew validation of such announcement to avoid crappy submissions.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well they should be allowed to make crappy submissions. They just wont get hosted on this site :)
The forum is open to discussing freeware games and could as such debate games in development that turn out to be "below our standard".

I think the suggestion is good, and could be ´nice to have. Only thing is that somebody would have to keep an eye on it... Maybe the proposer himself would like to join in here? I know that eMTe has quite a lot on his hands already, so getting another subforum under him might be asking a bit much of him...
But I would be pleased to see you take on a forum like that. It would also show the companionship of our sites even clearer...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

/me takes this forum

It might be also used for tracking progress of remakes development and status of rereleases (if there are any companies working on them).
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
moshboy

Post by moshboy »

When it is open I will make a couple of posts there. There are some pretty darn cool games in progress currently.

I think a better name for the subforum would be 'In Development' btw... it is a little clearer than 'In Progress.'
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Done!
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain