At last it has been announced!!! STARCRAFT 2!!!

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

spanek
Tycoon

At last it has been announced!!! STARCRAFT 2!!!

Post by spanek »

I am in the pleasant position to announce that project Starcraft 2 has been launched!!!

More Details here : www.starcraft2.com

I loved and still love the first Starcraft and I await with great anxiety the new one!
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I hate Starcraft. But I may be in the minority. ;) (Actually, I can't stand RTS at all.) I do know some people who are indeed excited by this. Guardedly excited, because following up on something good always holds the potential for great disaster.
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I will take my chances, when it comes to Blizzard! ;)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think Blizzard has done some of the best followups of the business, so I wont be nervous about their potential. However I dont think Starcraft was as good as it is blown up to be. Granted - it is good, but I dont think it is THAT good.
I will of course get the game when it comes out, but I wont be standing and waiting in line for it.

I look forward to seeing some screenies from the game, though the ones showing on the website looks cool, I know there is always a good leap from those to reality. I am downloading the gamplay video atm.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

The single player aspect of Starcraft was kinda blah. I originally disliked the game, since I am pro-single-player.

But, the multi-player cult following was phenomenal. That's why I think Starcraft is still the best game ever made. It'll be interesting to see if they can make this one any better.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I simply loved starcraft =} Well, I have always been great fan of strategy games, although TBS is more of my field than RTS. (I am not terribly fast, I need some time to ponder the best course of action). It is sad that Blizzard has announced StarCraft 2 to be released only for windows and mac... So here's something to sign:

Petition
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

I believe that both the Multiplayer part as well as the Single player part were incredible. The one due to the equality of the races and the other due to the storyline. I have played almost all RTS that are in the market since Dune II (The father of them all), and I can say that the only game that I still re-play from time to time is Starcraft!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Funny, Dune II is the only RTS game I ever enjoyed for more than a day. At the time it was an extremely fresh game. Ever since then, when I see a new RTS, I'm appalled by the lack of innovation in the genre (and I've tried most of them). It's still Dune II in new clothes. IMNSHO of course. ;) I'm sure the same could be said for most genres, for some reason this one just rubs me the wrong way.

I do hope Starcraft 2 becomes the game the fans want it to be. Me, I'll stick to the next recycled RPG instead. :p
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am a die-hard single-player gamer. I never play anything besides single player, so that might explain why I dont think Starcraft was all that and a bag of potatoes.
I must admit that the more I look at the screenshot the more I feel like finding my old Starcraft game and playing it for a bit. ALAS I remembered too late that I once borrowed it to a friend and never saw it again...along with Age of Empires 1+2 (plus expansions) and Dungeon Keeper 2 (Which I bought the other day on an internet auction for something like 1.5€.
A good buy I think :D

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: At last it has been announced!!! STARCRAFT 2!!!

Post by Zyx »

The arrival of StarCraft II is nigh... I haven't made up my mind, as I never really got my brain around base-building/resource-management part of RTSses, but how about the rest of you?
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I always loved that part of the RTS genre, so I am somewhat interested in this news. :)

As far as I have heard though the game is mentioned to be the same gameplay as Starcraft but with updated graphics. Of course that sounds good, but it almost certainly means I wont like it as much, as I dont like the way graphics and the interface is developing in the RTS genre. I dont want to be able to look around the corner of everysingle tree trunk - I want a fixed cam with a good view of the battlefield (and I dont need it from space, nor from the shoulder of grunt #235. The only way I want t´my view to go down to the battlefield is the way they did it in Rise and fall (http://forum.curlysworldoffreeware.com/ ... ise#p27554) where you could follow your hero from the battlefield.
But I am anxious to see how it plays, though I am not sure I will go and buy it.

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Okay, so the game is out tomorrow or so. No interest in this game on this forums? I have to admit, I was never that much into SC. I did play a lot of Warcraft I and II, though.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am following it from time to time to see what kind of reception it gets.

--Mark Twain