The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

A little late to congratulate :Birthday:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Ok guys and gals. This is it. I am about to dismantle my computer, so maybe you will see me one of the coming days, maybe it will take quite a while before I am good to go again.

Problem: Since I am moving I have let my ISP know that I would like my ADSL moved to the new place. They gave me a time frame of 4-6 weeks. The soones they will have it done is 4th of September. Since I am moving out tomorow it seems like I am gonna be quite a while without Internet.
I will however ask my neighbour to borrow some of his wireless connection :D I hope that he accepts...
If he doesn't or it doesn't work, then I will drop by from time to time, when I am off work, since I can then go to my works computer...
But for now:
Have fun until I will be regularly on again. And Diz... You better have a hangover by then. Malibus are still on me :D
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I've been mostly out myself due to RL duties, but have a pretty lazy weekend ahead of me, so I plan to be around and playing some quality freeware games :D. I'm loading some on my laptop, which has Win2K and when I get the 128 MB RAM chip in, will have 224 MB of RAM (32 MB built into motherboard, 64 MB in expansion slot 1, 128 in expansion slot 2). To bad it's only got a 233 CPU.

Anyway, hope your shared connection works out, Chroelle. I used to do something like that- me and several other techs that lived in an apartment complex all wirelessly networked and shared an internet connection that we pooled money together for.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I feel I have deserved a beer. I do not know if I have, but I feel so. Hey barmaid, could you re-open my tab? I know I haven't paid my bills, but hey, I'm not good with money... I promise, when I get paid for writing the site, I will pay my bills... :D
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Well gu8ys I am going tomorrow away for my well deserved vacations, so have fun and behave while I'm gone
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

I'M BACK
and tired... thats why I tell you all about my job in the nest days :D

good night
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Rough day once again.. But yet fruitfull day.
At the morning when I had just rode to work by my loyal bike, right after 0,5 litres of coffee I had... I was just waking up, yet confused by all that caffeine... My phone rang.

I looked at the numbers on my mobile's screen. I had never seen them before. "Sigh, teleseller selling magazines I thought". I answered to phone anyways: "Matti". My voice must have been quite icy, since there were a little moment of silence... I thought I'll frigging hang ot up right away, but I was still too sleepy to do that quickly enough. "This is *** from *** good morning..." It was a man's voice. I thougt that nothing good would follow. The guy at the other end was obviously to formal to be any friend of mine... "Morning I replied". 'It cant be a magazine seller, he's not polite & slimy enough' I thought. 'It must be some consulting firm trying to offer thgeir help with taxation' I thought. I was just about to say that I am a poor student, who needs no advieces on how to use his pennies, but again the man was faster.

He started to babble. He told he was from some company called ***, and that they're co-operating with company called xxxx... 'Blah blah I though... ... ... '. Then, after 3 seconds a bulb started slowly to glow in my head.. 'He said they are co-operating with xxxxx. Heck, I just did a job application to there'. Suddenly I forced my sleepy head to be a bit more opaque again. Yes, he is talking about my job application... "What, .. When.. Where... errm may you ask questions?" ... think think, try to wake up... " Of course you may." "Oh, why did I do the application to your company even though my major is physics?" "errmm... I know you don't do physics at there.." "Umm.. Yes, planned to stay there longer.." "Errm, you know, physic guys mostly do teaching or research, but no researcher really is just M.Sc." ... "errmmm... and.." "well, I have not planned to become a Dr."... I managed to survive through the phonecall. And result was that I'm going to a job interview at next week...

Sigh. I just wish I did the phonecall a bit better. I had slept too little, and I had not been awake for too long. So I was even more confusing & confused than usually.....

Well, If I get the job, it will mean 2 things. Well actually more but 2 that you might be interested to know (or then you aren't).

1. I will have 99,5% less time to be on CWF...
2. I will not be able to keep the games on any server I'm currently keeping some...

2 can be probs solved when C is back, but 1 might cause some probs to coding... ...

Anyways, I feel I need a beer. No actually make it a whisky :)
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

two glasses of whisky!!!

:shots:
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, FM, don't worry about the hosting space- if you can't host games, my offer with Chroelle still stands for using my web hosting space for games. It's on a pretty stable server (Yahoo Geocities Pro) and I keep the account paid and up to date every month.

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

That sounds really good RYM :) Mm.. I assume you do not have mysql database to use though? mmm... That can perhaps be arranged though... May I ask if the yahoo geocities pro supports php? And if you can do/use .htaccess files?

If there's no php, I'm pretty sure I cannot do it so that registration is needed to download games :| And if you do not have mysql/htaccess capabilities, then I cannot use the current system. Well, downloads that do not require registration is 100% better than no downloads :) So thousand thanks for the offer :)

EDIT:
I just checked the geocities pro pkg, and it does include php, mysql and even perl :)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Hi all! I don't think I've posted in here before. :oops:

Things have been too busy in real life to do any forum browsing, but it's nice to see you all here! :)

@Maz, best of luck in getting the job; My advice is to get some sleep! :D
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Nice to see you around Torm :) I was wondering if you have started a leecher's career... Just Downloading a game and then goin away without posting :p (Caught you :D )
And thank's for the tip... I try to arrange it (sleep) :rolleyes:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well for starters:
I'm just dropping by from a computer at work.

FM I really hope that you get the job, even though that might paralyze us a bit in here. Don't you worry about that...

A little update on how things are coming along for me:

My neighbour has gone back to wire-using internet, so no connection from him... I must consider this a fatal blow, and give up on getting a connection to the internet before september 4th.

BUT:

The biggest news is surely this one....

My girlfriend is pregnant. :D HURRA!
She is though currently in the local hospital getting IV-fluids and such, since she has been so sick that her fluid balance and food in take was to small.
I am working very hard to get things going at home, since I have torn down walls in the new apartement, and need to get the place just slightly liveable in the very cramped apartement. (Cramped due to many boxes and kitchen things, not due to few squaremeters)

Since I am visiting my GF three times a day, there is not much time for other things like sleep and eating... Have lost some kilos and still forget to eat at least one (one day three) meals a day.
I'm a bit stressed but VERY HAPPY. You must remember that we have been trying for almost three years to get her pregnant. :D

Oh...Of course. Beers and drinks are on me today, and for the rest of the week.
Oh and all people who help FM with some of the threads he has made in the last week and so will get their tab here paid by me :D

--Mark Twain
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

the best and biggest congrats, chroelle
really good news :D

(I`m just too tired to think and write in english, so please excuse my short comment :D)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thank you Mariesa.
I am just generally tired :D
Have been living on little food and fluid, and bewteen 3 and 4 hours of sleep each night for aprox 14 days now. :D

--Mark Twain
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Congraz Cutly!!!!

That's indeed great news :) I hope everything goes well :) And the sickness usually passes by :) Do not kill yourself wyth the work :)

And do not worry about CWF atm. You do have much more important things going on :) (Not that I was not delighted to see you posted, just that you must priorize your doings ;) ) I will try to catch up with DL, and negotiate about the DL thingies... I do not know if I can though, he seems not to be online too often :(

Anyways, take care of your girlfriend, and deliver my congratulations to her too :)
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Congratulations, Chroelle-san! For many people, having a child is one of the biggest dreams (if not the biggest) of their lives. Hope everything goes well! ^_^

Hiya to leecher Tormuse and to everyone else (I've been away from the Bar for so long I simply don't even dare trying to list all the names v_v)! :mrgreen:

Also, I'm aware of the fact that I missed many birthdays, and I'm sorry for that. I can't offer any better excuse but not just getting to post in time, and didn't want to call in late after doing it so many times before already. -_-

In another news, I bought myself a computer on Wednesday. A fully operational Commodore 64 breadbox model. ^_^ Now I only need to find my old datasette player/recorder to be able to save my programmes into tapes. ^__^
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Thanks alot people.

Priorities in my life is listed here:
1. Girlfriend and pregnancy
2. Getting apartement done due to priority number 1
3. Getting back to CWF
4. Eating, drinking and sleeping
5. Vacation ending monday and getting back to work... :D

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Congratulations, Chroelle! Be sure to take care of yourself. When the baby comes along, it will need a good, strong, healthy dad to take care of it.

Good to see you here, Tormuse.

I've been out for a while, and may only visit sporadically, as I have a lot of stuff to do in real life. FM, when the time comes, tell me what I need to do on my yahoo account, and I will do it. Okay?

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Thanks RYM :) I will tell :)