A city-maker request

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

A city-maker request

Post by Chroelle »

Does anybody know a city-maker that starts way sooner thatn normal sims. I am thinking that I want a sim that maybe starts in the 17th century, and plays eternally.

It started to bug me that most sims start in the 1930's or something, and a lot of cities actually have older roots than that. Heck my own little smalltown homeplace even has a latin-name...

Do you remember one like that?
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
BlueDEvil
Tourist

Post by BlueDEvil »

You can try ANNO/A.D. series, now 1703 or something like that. basically a sim type city game with some battle, exploring, sailing and trading.
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Not exactly a citybuilder but Europa 1400: The Guild starts in 1400 and is based almost soley in Europe.

Other than that, many games set in ancient Rome/ Greece (Zeus, Caeser, etc.) but I'd go for Medieval Lords:

http://www.mobygames.com/game/windows/m ... end-expand

A game which, somehow, I managed to buy for just 8pence (!!) at my local games store.Not quite 17th century, but it is earlier than the 1930s.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I actually tried the Anno-series, but only for a short while. I think I forgot them. Thanks for the tip BlueDevil! They are great yes, and I will return to them at some point.
I looked into Europa 1400: The guild and found out that my friend with the huge game-storage had a copy of that too. Got it from him on Saturday, and it plays so well. GREAT game PArvini. Thanks alot for the tip. This one is a keeper. Plays very slowly at first, but then you forget time, and it plays so realistically. I mean I have started as an apprentice at age 14 or so, and gotten my own foundry. Now 11 years later, I am still struggling with getting a decent money flow for the foundry. I haven't already build an empire and 4 fast-foodchains as in other games...
I simply cannot wait to play this game for the next...year! And I don't meen the remainder of this one...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain