Company of Heroes Online

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Company of Heroes Online

Post by Zyx »

The nice folks at Relic have released a global/western version of their Asian Company of Heroes MMO:s, unsurpsingly named Company of Heroes Online. Basically it's a multiplayer-oriented edition of the CoH games.
relic00213_large.jpg
relic00213_large.jpg (95.54 KiB) Viewed 4469 times
Also, it's one of these new-fangled things where the game is free, but there are some microtransactions involved if you want some fancier stuff.

Even if you're not interested in the online aspect of this RTS, the single player portion includes the full campaign of the original Company of Heroes, which is kinda cool. (Also, if recognizes if you have it already installed and doesn't download gigs worth of stuff from the net). So, if you have wanted to play CoH, now's your chance to get it for free. The first missions are absolutely great just atmosphere-wise (yes, it begins with the invasion of Normandy... =))
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Company of Heroes Online

Post by Chroelle »

So thios game could actually be put in our freeware section as well? Am I understanding it right? So free of charge I can play Company of Heroes the single player game?
If yes, then expect me to be downloading it later today.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:So thios game could actually be put in our freeware section as well? Am I understanding it right?
I don't know. The installer is quite small as it downloads the actual game from the net (unless you've got CoH already installed), so I guess we can host the installer. On the other hand, it's just an installer.
So free of charge I can play Company of Heroes the single player game?
Yep. The complete campaign is there, as far as I can tell.
If yes, then expect me to be downloading it later today.
Better start early, it is about a 7 gig download =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

So I might wait until I have my new faster connection up and running. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Apparently the business model for this game didn't work out and the game was cancelled. A shame, really.

In a related note, if someone wants Company of Heroes Gold (CoH + CoH: Opposing Fronts) for 5 USD, I have a code for that.