A site for volunteer (charity) advertising.

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

A site for volunteer (charity) advertising.

Post by Chroelle »

I have been thinking a lot about websites recently and ideas for new concepts. Just something to tinker with in ones sparetime.

I have made a new concept for my webdesign company recently oriented at making familysites, where familymembers can share everything from wishlists to pictures of the younglings.

I have also started thinking about something more in the ways of charity and good deeds.
Yesterday I saw an advertisment where a guy in an electrical wheelchair was volunteering to make a guided tour of one of Denmarks biggest (controlled) wild nature reservations - Dyrehaven. On the opposing page was an article about a retired man who now volunteered to come by old peoples homes and help them with all sorts of handywork.

This inspired me a bit to do a site about volunteering, where to find something to volunteer for and what ones options are. I would of course contact some organisation and make them aware of me, and then I would try to make it able for other organisations to contact me and tell me of their volunteer work.
It would be cool if you could brainstorm the idea a bit, and tell me what your thoughts are about a site like that. I think alot of people are willing to do some volunteer work but dont know what they can do...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain