The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I'm afraid I'm likely to be away soon for a while. Related to the earlier trouble I vaguely talked about, it would seem my father's lost his mind. Seriously. He should be taken to see a doctor tomorrow, unless he absolutely refuses, which is a possibility. Then they can't just force him, as long as he's no danger to anyone. Regardless, I will need to take some action, pending the doctor's diagnosis or his refusal to go, and it's not likely to be easy on me. Could be a breakdown, could be something worse. I haven't seen him since some days before he apparently lost it, and I'm dreading it. Anyway, I'll know more tomorrow night hopefully, and be able to decide exactly what has to be done.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

My best wishes for you! I know how hard this can be. My father had kind of a breakdown some time ago and it was hard to see him like that (and I think it was much, much harder for my mother). At first he refused to go to a hospital, but he finally went and stayed for some weeks. And he learned to accept his illness (which he denied before) and came back with much more strength and love for living than he had before. There are still bad days from time to time (mostly when there is much stress), but most of the time he´s the man again I knew and loved since my childhood.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Happy Birthday, Pager!!!

I hope you still have birthday in your part of the world (I can never remember if you are some hours ahead or behind European time), so I´m not too late. Have a nice day with lots of friends and beer and party!

:Birthday: :Cheers: :beersong: :morebeer: :shots: :pepsi: :cake:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Happy belated birthday Pager. I hope you had a great one. You deserve it.

And to Scythe: I hope this will turn out for the best for you. I feel for you in this situation. Nobody should be in a situation like this.
Sending out positive thoughts to you.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Oh and I did some forum editing just now. I added the image correctly for a game being on CWF, and also moved the Webdesign forum down over the bottom OLD SCHOOL forums. Please also remember everyone that if you would like to get a forum for an old school class or something feel free to ask, and we can create a subforum for you. Anyone can ask - but maybe not anyone will get permission. :D
Drinks are on the house, since the on CWF image now works.

--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Yeah, hb, pg! :cake: Belated or not, I'm not totally here. ;)

Things are a little less bleak than they could be, my dad is starting to make sense again, if not completely, then considerably more than before. It's getting to be more of a matter of convincing him to take treatment even after he thinks he's ok. We'll see. At least I'm sleeping again.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Very good to hear.

Now go get some sleep!

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Chroelle wrote:Oh and I did some forum editing just now. I added the image correctly for a game being on CWF...
Hey, the new icon really looks nice! Thank you! :goodjob:
Pager

Post by Pager »

Thanks for the bday wishes guys! It was definitely a weird birthday complete with beer, witnessing a fist fight on the subway, a gentleman's club, and some sketchy bar.

@PA, I think I'm about 6 hours behind everyone, so there was no lateness there. :D

@Scythe, good to hear that your pappy is not doing as bad as initially thought. I wish you all the best in this whole matter.
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Sounds like an 'interesting' birthday, Pager!

Oh, I almost forgot myself, Happy birthday! I guss I'm a little late.

Been working on my railroad most of the day, aside from installing a new sound card in someone's computer. Been fun, except from where I found the Air Conditioner box is leaking over part of the railroad. Thankfully there isn't much there, but I'm afraid the water will warp the plywood.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I forgot to write yesterday that one of the forum changes I did was allow guests to view pictures in topics. I think that might help guests bget intereseted in the games debatted in the freeware forum, as they can now see the screenies...:D

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Just give me a coffee and then I´m on my way to do the German translation of "The Infinity String" that I promised to the developer for so many weeks now...
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Damned, this is a tough game to translate (it´s much harder than "Earl Mansin"). I translated most of the afternoon and some hours of my night shift by now and it´s not even half way done.

You can tell for sure that the developer isn´t a native speaker himself (I think he´s from Slovenia) as there are many small mistakes and lots of strange and cryptic sentences that doesn´t make much sense on first sight. Unfortunately I don´t have the game here, so I can´t look at the context (which would make the whole thing much easier in many cases).

And another problem is that German language is about 20-30% longer than English. Which means I have to cut down sentences without loosing the context.

Please give me some more coffee!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I know how you feel. I had the same issues with some of my translation task...

I can tell you guys that I wont be in after friday for a week. I am going to Gran Canaria (Canari Islands) friday with my two girls and I am looking immensly forward to it.

I will propably spent alot of time after that vacation adding games, since my schedule at work is changing then too. I will have time to do some computerwork at work which makes it alot easier for me to add games and use the forum. I wont be able to play as many games but I might find time for a few games though...

Oh and one more thing...
I added Connect-webdesign as our sponsor as I think that is most fair. I will see if that might draw some attention to my webdesign company and hopefully cover some more of the expenses... (I am not going bankrupt or anything - it would just be cool to be even out.)
I am planning on making my webdesign site bilingual anyway, and this might be the thing that twists my arm long enough for me to actually do something about it....

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I just wanted to tell everyone to have a fantastic week, since I will be leaving for Gran Canaria tomorrow more or less right after work, so I propably wont drop by until next saturday when we get home.
Have a great week, and beers are on me while I am away.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Hooray!!!! Free beer for a whole week and the administrator is gone. Let´s have a party and wreck the bar... :Yahoo:

Ok, I was just joking (but I´ll drink a lot of free beer anyway). Have anice holiday, Chroelle! Enjoy your time in the sun and with your family. You certainly deserve it. See you next week!

:Cheers:
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

A little completely offtopic question. What's the name of the script used for the Screenshots on the mainsite? And does it require php on the server?
I know. That's not the best question for the Bar. So how's life everybody?

Cola for me please. Just had a beer in the german Bar.
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I vote for wrecking the bar!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Tank wrote:A little completely offtopic question. What's the name of the script used for the Screenshots on the mainsite? And does it require php on the server?
I know. That's not the best question for the Bar. So how's life everybody?

Cola for me please. Just had a beer in the german Bar.

its called lightbox, no it doesn't need php it uses a bit of JavaScript and css :)

and you can get it from here
http://www.huddletogether.com/projects/lightbox2/
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Thanks Dizi. Here, take a german beer!
:Cheers: Cheers!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.