The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

I found the best way to learn how to draw is to start drawing on things you shouldn't be drawing on...like desks, tables and walls...You should have seen my bedroom in University...that's where I learned to draw dragons...
:lol:

...and if you don't really feel like doing that, just get a huge piece of paper and tape it to a wall and draw on that...it's almost like drawing on the wall, without actually doing it.
:D
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

The best way to learn how to draw is to take someone elses work, and copy it, pixel by pixel, at fiorst.

Then, after you know all the lines, draw it free hand. Without copying, without having the picture there.

then change the picture. If it still looks good, change it again. Otherwise, go back a step.

Keep on goign until you ahve a picture nothing like the original, and you have a good idea about propotions and shading.

After those two, it's just learning to put lines where they should be, and which detials to include. if you chose a detailed picture to start with 9thanks, Dizi . . .:rolleyes:), you'll have a good idea about that, too.

problem with drawign on desks is that i always draw the same things. Draw other peoples work and your conscience keeps tellign you that your drawign is still too close to the orginal.
^_^
Got this forum working for me, finally!
Thank you Chroelle!

Only been trying for . . . . more then a year, maybe?

If I become inactive, you may be able to find me on www.war-facts.com (player id: 9512 or 9779) or on the war-facts server for CF+
Pager

Post by Pager »

Ya, that's a good point too...and probably a bit more practical and not to mention won't get you into trouble with parents, teachers, significant other, IKEA... :lol:

But, think of it more than just drawing on a desk for something to do, think of it more like putting your artwork on display for others to see...and more specifically where they will see it.

People tend to put more effort into improving themselves when they know someone is looking and it might not help you to learn, but it gives you great practice...and practice makes perfect... :D
Pager

Post by Pager »

HAPPY B-DAY MELGAARD!!!

:bananaparty2: :Birthday: :Birthday: :bananaparty2:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I might take your advice. I am the publisher of a "newspaper" at work, and I am thinking that I want to publish a cartoon on the back of that at some point. So that would be a good way to show off what I have learned, and an incitament for learning more.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

oh, . . . and always remember the power of the copy/paste!

(Unless you're working with pixia, whereas it likes to crash while you're working and tryign to copy/paste).

To make my sprite drawing easier, i've made the legs, arms, head, and torso spearate sprites on transparent backgrounds, so i can copy and paste them to different positions, always get the propotions right, and only have to redraw the connecting bits and shading.

And I'm writing a script for pixia to fix the shadign for me. <3

(or . . . to HELP me fix the shading easier . . .the auto-shadign turned out like crap)
^_^
Thank you Chroelle!

If I become inactive, you may be able to find me on www.war-facts.com (player id: 9512 or 9779) or on the war-facts server for CF+
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

As far as drawing goes, some people are just naturally good at it. I was drawing in shades and perpspective with pens and pencils when I was three or four. And I knew about backgrounds when I was in preschool.

I remember one time, I did a series of drawings of famous transport vehicles, locomotives, planes, trucks, buses, and freight and passenger cars for trains. I did about 200 drawings over the course of a year. They were greyscale isometric. I still have the set at my parents' house... somewhere.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think I will go and make a thread called something like "SHow me your drawings" :D

--Mark Twain
PraetorScylla
Prospect

Post by PraetorScylla »

too bad i
'm workign on soe lo-res sprites (70x160 is my largets one) or i'd psot some. :)

That, and the fatc that their top-secret until the project is done.
^_^
Thank you Chroelle!

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

It seems that the forum issues cleared up....? I haven't had issues the last two days...

--Mark Twain
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

I haven't had any issues too. So whatever you've done, it's working :)
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

There were no problems for me the whole week. But I had some issues some minutes ago. But after I saved a thread in the german corner from the "No posts exit"-bug everything worked fine again (is it possible that there is a connection between this two things?)...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I don't know if "working ok for 2-3 days" means we're safe, but I hope so. No serious problems for me either (this particular thread takes forever to load though; possibly, the length of the thread gives some sort of problem?), though I haven't been here that often.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think we might need to start a new bar soon, as I have experienced issues that occured time and time again after loading the bar. MEaning that the forum could be running smoothly and after loading the bar thread it got slower in loading other threads and I got more errors. So anyone who feels like it can start a new bar. Just link to this thread in the first post though, so people know what it is about. And when this is done any moderator or admin who sees it can close this thread...
Would do it myself but opening bars should be done properly and I am going to check out if gameadding works ok, and that will take up all of my time.

--Mark Twain
Pager

Post by Pager »

Does this mean I have to settle my bar tab? :lol:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am pretty sure it can be moved to the new bar. Anyone up for the challenge of making a new bar? It will forever keep your name visible in the forums. :D

Also wanted to say that gameadding has started again. So expect the site to get more games and also hopefully more visitors. :D

--Mark Twain
spanek
Tycoon

Post by spanek »

The new bar is here... http://curlysworldoffreeware.com/viewtopic.php?t=1263

Topic Locked.
[url=http://s1.gladiatus.gr/game/c.php?uid=17513]Press me if you dare!![/url]