The World Cup Bar

Für die Deutschen auf CWF. Die Welt zu Gast bei Freunden

Moderator: Tank

Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

Second yellow card for Zidane! So he won't be in the last match. Will we ever see him again? I really hope so!
German Moderator and Game Hunter Trainee.
Enjoy your stay.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

France is playing dull. French trainer Domenech is currently public enemy n°1 in France. Bizarre, I never felt them in danger conceiding a goal but it all fits in the current situation. At this rhythm they won't go far in the competition.

Well, if they beat Togo (c'mon its a team that refused to train because of money-problems) by two goals, France will be in the next round. If they are capable of beating Spain, it's another question.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Domenech seems quite strange to me.... He plays a weird system with only one attacker and puts Trezeguet outside.... I hope Domenech won't last long. They should bring back Aimee Jacquet!
I hope France will beat Togo - without Zidane - and proceed to the next round, where they remember how to play football! Maybe they should ask Ronaldo how to play!
Enjoy your stay.
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Ronaldo? How to play? He actually knows that in his current condition?

Ahem, this might sound a bit provoking, but in my opinion Ronaldo should never have been even included in this summer's Brazil squad. He's found himself stuck on the bench at Santiago Bernabeu and his level of fitness and pace have not impressed me at all so far.

Another thing I completely disagree with you, Tank-san and Usul-san, is France. It's not just the current team playing dull, but the whole team has been spiritless ever since Euro Champs 2000 (yes, even in 2004), and Zidane's been too old for World Cups for four years as well already. His performance has not been even close to what it used to be 5-6 years ago, and it would've been wiser for him to have retired before becoming such a sorry sight at the field he is currently. I'm personally 100% sure Zidane will retire from professional football after this tournament, and it's about time.

Time has passed both Zinedine and Ronaldo. Naturally, that's just my cynical opinion. ;)

edit: Oh, one correction to my Zidane bashing; of course, he's not responsible for the rubbish French displays during the past few years. He might not impress me with his play, but neither do his national team teammates. Also, I do not deny his absolutely magnificent form back in 1990s and even in 2000, no sirree. Once world's best midfielder, just not anymore.

edit2: Congratulations go to the aforementioned Ronaldo for his two goals. His 14 goals in the World Cup is an impressive figure. Slap in the face to those players who practice their running skills.
Usul

Post by Usul »

Vive les Bleus!
Attachments
les bleus.gif
les bleus.gif (916 Bytes) Viewed 18678 times
Tank

Post by Tank »

Today France vs. Togo!
I really hope the French will win today even without Zidane. And to you my dear Pitkin, I think that Zidane is still one of the best players today! And he will retire after the World Cup.
If France gets out today we'll never see Zidane play again :'(
Enjoy your stay.
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Well, Mr. Zidane sure played well tonight taking part in every French goal in the match. For one night I'll leave him alone with my criticism and bow to his vision and technique. ;)

It pains me to think of the fact that I'll end up missing one of the quarter final matches, and the one being between Germany and Argentina. I hope the 1986 (and 1998) rematch between Brazil and France proves to be consoliating enough for me to get over the pain.
Usul

Post by Usul »

I'm sure that the spirit of '86 Guadalajara will reign on this quarter-final ;)
Tank

Post by Tank »

We'll see some great matches in the quarterfinals:
- France vs. Brazil: Rematch of 1998. First strong opponent this year for Brazil. Brazil is going home!
- Germany vs. Argentina: The 2 best teams this far. Germany will continue to the semi-finals
- England vs. Portugal: Sorry England, but you're going home!
- Italy vs. Ukraine: Should be an easy win for Italy, but I think Ukraine will win
Enjoy your stay.
Tank

Post by Tank »

So anyone here to celebrate the German and the French win??
Enjoy your stay.
Usul

Post by Usul »

Me of course :)
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I'm here (even though just about to go play football with friends). ;)

Final Germany vs. France would be great, but it's so far from happening still... two matches prior to that, and anything can happen. France beating Brazil was one of the highlights of this tournament, and seeing Italy and Germany take on each other will be an interesting rematch from Spain 1982... not to mention from earlier this year, when Italy hammered die Mannschaft 4-1. -_- Fortunately, Germany have improved a great deal since then, and I'm hopeful for a better outcome when the truly important match is played on Tuesday. ^_^
OSH
Patron

Post by OSH »

And the Winner is: ITALY!!!
Pozdrawiam serdecznie, OSH.
Amiga1200 E/BOX Tower, Apollo 1240/25 MHz 34 MB RAM, HDD 4,3 GB; LG10x30x40, A1200 E1230/40 18 MB RAM, CD-32+SX-1 10 MB RAM, A500, A600, C64,. C-64G C64+1541-II
mariesa
Warhero

Post by mariesa »

should I say something about zidanes behaviour???
it`s a shame

I`m happy that italy won but it was not an exciting game...
-> It's a hundred and six miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses.
Tank

Post by Tank »

Ich denke ich werde die Bar schließen und das Sticky entfernen, falls niemand was dagegen hat!
Enjoy your stay.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Das ist doch OK bei Mich. Die Welt cup ist doch zu.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Wir könnten höchstens den Titel ändern in "EM-Qualifying-Bar". Aber ich denke für das Thema tut´s auch der allgemeine Fussball-Thread...

Also schließ die Bar ab und schmeiss den Schlüssel weg (zumindest bis zur Widereröffnung 2010)!
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Tank

Post by Tank »

*Stellt die Stühle hoch
Macht das Licht aus
Schließt die Tür ab*

Und aus.
Enjoy your stay.