Review for Highway Pursuit

Guides, reviews and interviews for freeware games we had on this site previously.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Review for Highway Pursuit

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Highway Pursuit is an excellent single player racing game, much in the fashion of the Spy Hunter games made for arcades and Nintendo game systems. In this game, though, it is rendered in a beautiful 3d environment, adding to the enjoyment.

You play the driver of a government agent car, chasing outlaws on a highway. Along the way, you have the outlaws' cronies trying to cripple your car, and you can shoot them down. Be careful, though, as if you hit innocent cars, you lose points.

I have found that it is very difficult to last more than a few miles into the game, but this may be because of my being used to 'drive as fast as you can' racing games, where here this may not be the best strategy.

Adding to the gameplay, are occasional 'weapons vans', which, when you drive inside them, allow you to gain an additional tool of destruction against your opponent, such as a smoke screen or oil slick.

The game's viewpoint of behind and above the car, is excellent, and reminiscent of the Spy Hunter series. However, it makes looking further down the road more difficult.

Highway Pursuit does support a joystick. I found it quite enjoyable with one, as it is harder to control with the mouse/keyboard.

In all, this is a great game, but do not expect to last more than a few miles down the road until you are experienced at it.