Quest for Glory 4½ Walkthrough

Guides, reviews and interviews for freeware games we had on this site previously.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Blake00
Tourist

Quest for Glory 4½ Walkthrough

Post by Blake00 »

Quest for Glory 4½
So You Thought You Were a Hero
AGS Version: 2.30.221

*******************************************************************************************************************
A Walkthrough by Blake
Version 1.1 - 27/5/2012
E-mail: [email protected]
Website: Blake's Sanctum - http://webspace.webring.com/people/ed/d_blakeley/ (If link doesn’t work Google it)
Quest for Glory Section: http://webspace.webring.com/people/ed/d ... Index.html

*******************************************************************************************************************
Table of Contents:

1. About The Game
2. Why I Remade The Walkthrough
3. Version Changes
4. How To Get The Game Working On Modern Machines
5. Known Bugs & Issues
6. Unsolved Mysteries In The Game
7. Map
8. Walkthrough

1. About The Game
Have you ever wanted to go back to Spielburg and see the places you went to before, check on the old characters and meet new ones? Well now’s your chance.

I remember when I addictively played Quest for Glory 1 as a teenager, I always tried to do more then the game would let me like attempting to enter the grate in the graveyard, climb over the blocked mountain pass, and trying to figure out what the deal was with that dam log in the forest next to the waterfall etc. I get the feeling I wasn’t the only one since it’s as if the designer of QFG 4 1/2 read my mind. In this fan made game where you return to Spielburg to save the day again you will find yourself visiting many of your old favourite places finding all new adventures such as travelling down meep holes to kill monsters, entering the catacombs beneath the graveyard, exploring new parts of the town, and even travelling through the now open mountain pass to the many new exciting areas beyond in the mountains.

In the years since the game was released it has created much controversy in the Quest for Glory and AGS gaming communities. People either love it (for its humour and new Spielburg adventures) or hate it (due to some of its offensive content) lol! Personally I loved it as I have a pretty easy going sense of humour and I found it really enjoyable going back to all my old favourite locations & characters from QFG1VGA and seeing what was new and exploring the new locations added to the game. I love QFG1VGA, it was the beginning of it all for me and was one hell of an adventure! So for a fan game to take me back to Spielburg and chuck in some comedy created an awesome gaming experience that I laughed may times during.

2. Why I Remade The Walkthrough
Along with some hints and tips in various fan forums only one walkthrough & map exists at AGS Walkthroughs (http://www.agagames.com/AGSwalks/index.php) however it is quite flawed with incorrect map directions, accidental quest duplications (eg it will tell you to kill the hippies twice), and misses key plot points stopping you from completing the game (eg how to save Elsa). I’m not bashing it though as it allowed me to finish 90% of the game quickly without pulling my hair out.

Improving on their guide I’ve made my own that is easier to read, has a better quest order (less repetitive backwards and forwards running across the map), missing quests inserted, and duplicates gone. Their map is too badly compressed and distorted so I’ve created a new clear and more detailed map of QFG 4.5 showing more of the new areas which I’ve linked to below. I’ve also suggested when to sleep in-between the various quests however different people complete quests at different speeds so feel free to do your own thing!

If you find any errors, discover a new quest, or an amusing character specific situation I missed please email me the details and I’ll update the walkthrough!

3. Version Changes

Version 1.1 Changes (thanks to lots of helpful feedback from fans!):
- 2 new suggestions to get the game working.
- Meeting a band of forest adventurers who can teach Magic Users the Leprechaun Gold spell.
- Using Leprechaun Gold on various NPCs.
- How to break in and steal from the Jones’s House.
- Many more fixes, changes and improvements to various quests.

4. How To Get The Game Working On Modern Machines
The game is designed with a 1999 early version of the all mighty AGS engine, it’s also rumoured to be very poorly scripted so unfortunately it’s bug central and a nightmare to run on modern machines.

The well known DOS version is more so the nightmare. I remember getting it work in 2002ish which I’m pretty sure was in WinXP yet in 2010 I just couldn’t get it to work on my WinXP machine. It’s possible my memory is tricking me as I did have a XP/Win98 multiboot machine back then and may have switched to Win98 to play the game. Some people have had success using Vdmsound however unfortunately I did not have any luck. Due to some strange DOS32 errors it also currently does not work in DosBox either. Only suggestion for the DOS version I can make is to download Microsoft Virtual PC and install Windows 98 on it, or build up a real Windows 98 computer and try the game in there.

Anyway, fortunately I then heard in various forums that a rare Windows version of the game existed! It took me a while but in the end one site out there Curly's World Of Freeware (http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/) had it and hopefully more will have it soon as it becomes more widely known. However even the Windows version wasn’t fun to get working as the Windows AGS 2.30.221 setup uses a not so simple DOS batch file which ultimately adds an extra setup command to QFG.exe. Unfortunately modern OS’s don’t like a lot of the old batch operations so it doesn’t work. Fortunately creating a Windows shortcut to the game’s exe, going into its properties and placing the extra --setup command in the shortcut’s Target field just after QFG.exe (eg QFG.exe --setup.exe) instead works and allowed me to setup sound & resolution making the game work! I recommend 640x480 for best look and compatibility (320x200 doesn’t work on most modern machines and 960x600 was stretched & blocky!). Another way I’ve heard is to take a setup.exe file from another old AGS game and put it in your QFG4.5 directory and rename QFG.exe to the other game’s main exe file allowing you to setup the game, however my way of simply creating & modifying a windows shortcut is so much easier!

While attempting to get some walkthrough help in several AGS/QFG forums I inadvertently restarted interest in the forums at Infamous Adventures and AGD Interactive in upgrading the game to the latest AGS version hopefully fixing a lot of the games issues. At the time of writing this there was still debate about how to attempt this as there are many hurdles. If a new version is released I’ll be making sure the games various hosting sites are informed of it & that this walkthrough is updated too!

5. Known Bugs & Issues
Critical things you need to know about before playing the game (SAVE OFTEN!):

* Random crashes when sleeping till day or night (not the smaller rests)
* Random crashes when looking at your stats (particularly at start of game)
* Always crashes when you try to play cards with the rednecks
* I thought I saw in one of the QFG forums that there’s a corrupt savegame issue. I didn’t succumb to it through because I rotated between 4 savegames to be safe. You should too!
* Food - the food on the tree at Erana's peace (after kicking out the hippies) doesn't seem to sustain you and Merv's food is way to expensive! 5 gold for 1 meal! That’s 5gold a day in a game you only make a few silvers for killing things in! As a fighter I had to push the limits of starvation (you can last 2 days before suddenly dropping dead) & fight nonstop just to make enough to stay alive and pay off the lawyer.
* Stealth & Run modes don’t seem to work
* Stamina & Mana potions don’t always work. Health potions can become everlasting.

6. Unsolved Mysteries In The Game
* The purpose of the Camouflage cape is unknown
* You cannot seem to do anything in the spores area, may just be authentic decoration this time
* You can visit and chat with the now alcoholic depressed Hermit at his cave and at the bar yet he appears to have no related items or quests.
* The ghost’s murderer is almost impossible for the Thief & Magic user to defeat in combat due to it being monumentally difficult to raise their health & stamina points. No alternative strategies have been found to beat him.

7. Map
I host the Map with this walkthrough at my website Blake's Sanctum - http://webspace.webring.com/people/ed/d_blakeley/ (If link doesn’t work Google it).

However here is a direct link to my Quest For Glory 4 ½ page with the map download - http://webspace.webring.com/people/ed/d ... Index.html.

8. Walkthrough

2x = Two times, 4x = Four times etc.
Blue = Character specific
Purple = Strong adult content

Welcome back to Spielburg!

After watching the amusing hero school reunion intro, choose your character.
The game will begin with a ‘warm’ welcome from the new Barron.
Go West 3x
If you’re a magic user you can acquire a deadly spell that tricks many NPCs in the game from the beginning. To do this first ‘Sleep til Night’ then Go North, Go West 2x, Go North. You will see a camp with a band of treasure hunters looking for a map. Ask them about the Leprechaun Gold spell to learn it. Go South, Go East 2x, Go South then ‘Sleep til Morning’.
Speak to Merv (the trinket vendor.)
Use your money pouch with Merv to purchase 1 meep toy, 1 sleeping pills, and 1 food ration.
If you’re a magic user you can cast Leprechaun Gold on Merv to get them for free.
Go West (Entering Town)
Enter the Sheriff’s office.
Speak with the Butcher about trying to get him freed. Search the desk. Leave the Sheriff’s office.
Enter what used to be The Kattas Tale Inn (the reputable businessman’s club.)
Talk to Al. Leave the Mafia club.
Enter the cape shop.
Talk to Sam, you can buy the four possible capes from Sam if you wish but it’s easier to save your money and steal them later.
Alternatively if you’re a magic user you can cast Leprechaun Gold on Sam to get them for free and save yourself the trouble of stealing them later.
Leave the shop.
Go West
If you’re a magic user enter the Magic Guild. Talk to Zara & buy the 3 new spells. The love spell produces some amusing/dangerous results on many female & even male NPCs, and much like the Leprechaun Gold spell it can get you things for free! Speaking of Leprechaun Gold you can also attempt to cast it on her for an amusing result.
Leave the shop.
Enter the Adventurer’s Guild.
Speak with all the adventurers about the town’s situation etc.
Speak with the tall man about him becoming a nudist then take the clothes he removes. If you speak with the tall man’s brother he’ll offer you a place to sleep at night.
Sign the logbook then read the notices on the bulletin board. Leave the Guild.
Go East
Go North
[Warning – this quest contains strong adult content & is not required to complete the game, avoid if easily offended] Speak to Hilde about a date and volunteer to tend her garden. To do this, go south 2x, north, then west and use the hoe on the floor. Return to her and ask about a date again and she’ll go on an ‘interesting’ date with you later if you go back to the farm at afternoon/sunset.
Enter the Sheriff’s house next to Starbucks.
Search the drawer to find a skeleton key. Leave the house.
Go South
If it’s not dark yet then select ‘Sleep til Night’. Use the skeleton key to enter Sam’s cape shop. Steal all the capes you don’t have (this is not necessary if you purchased them). Leave the shop.
Go North
Go West 2x
Use the skeleton key to open Crusher’s house next to the bank. Search the small bedside drawer (don’t touch the lamp), and the larger drawer for gold (there is no penalty)..
You can take the Mickey Mouse collectable but only the thief can sell it at the guild.
Leave the house.
Go East 2x
Go South
Go West
Enter the brothers house (in between the guilds) now that you have their permission to stay.
Search the chest and dresser for gold (there’s no penalty for stealing from them). Go to sleep on the couch. Leave the house the next day.
Go East
Go North
Go West
Enter the Butcher’s shop.
Speak with the Butcher’s wife and tell her you’ll try to get her husband freed. Leave the shop.
Enter the alleyway.
Talk to Kaspar to find out about his book shop. Leave the alleyway.
Enter Coyote Ugly.
Talk to the barmaid about drinks then ask about Dragon’s Breath to receive a mug of it. If you ask for a date she says she will agree to it if you get the Butcher freed.
Buy a keg from her as well.
If you’re a magic user you can cast Leprechaun Gold on the barmaid to get the keg for free.
You can now put the sleeping pills in the keg. Leave the bar.
Go West
If you’re a thief, pay the man then enter the toilet.
Read the walls until you learn the thieves’ password (the game will not let you use it unless you’ve found it on the wall). Leave the toilet.

Enter the bank.
Here you can earn interest on any money you deposit and you can also take out a loan (be sure to repay it).
If you’re a fighter I’d suggest depositing everything you have.
Leave the bank.
If it’s not dark yet then select ‘Sleep til Night’.
If you’re a thief, you can then use the thief sign and password on the man that appears later outside the bar at night to enter the new thieves guild! Fence the stolen Mickey Mouse collectable. Leave the Guild.
Go East 2x
Go South
Go West
Enter the brothers house again. Go to sleep on the couch. Leave the house the next day.
Go East 2x
Go South (Leaving Town)
Go North
Knock on the door to be allowed entry.
Talk to the healer about finding her pterosaur.
If you’re not a magic user buy a healing potion from her. Leave the house.
If you’re a magic user you can cast a love spell on her for amusing results.
Go East 3x
Talk to Brauggi the giant. Give him the clothes you got in the Adventurer’s Guild. Get frost ring.
Go West 2x
Go North 2x
Go East 2x
Go uphill to Erasmus' house.
Talk to Gargoyle and ask about unemployment, say "Yes", volunteering to help him find a job.
Go back downhill.
Go West 2x
Go North
Enter the tree-house.
Talk to witch to find out about her son.
If you’re a magic user you can cast a love spell on her for amusing results.
Leave tree-house.
Go West 2x
Go North
Go East
Go North
Talk to hippies. Put on Rainbow-coloured cape. Talk to hippies.
Pour dragon's breath into their bong. Take the bong.
Go South
Go East
Speak to the Ogre’s lawyer to find out what you’re saving in the bank for! Enter the cave.
Go East (past the false bear)
Speak to the caveman about finding a guard for his cave and getting to Pterosaur. Give Caveman Gargoyle business-card.
Free Pterosaur in cage on right side of screen.
Leave room (You will take the inflatable bear on the way out.)
Exit the cave.
Go West 2x
Go South 4x
Go East
Knock on the door to be allowed entry.
Talk to the healer & receive reward. Leave the house.
If you’re a fighter I’d strongly suggest returning to town to invest all your new money in the bank at this point. Then return to outside the healers hut.
Go West
Go North
Go West 3x
Go North
Speak to Bones the skull. When finished talking, pick him up.
Click on the west side stone fence to climb over it and then click on the Jones’s house to enter it. Pickpocket both the sleeping Jones’s for gold (there is no risk or penalty).
You can take the Pink Vase, Silver Candelabra, and Pearl Necklace (around the old lady’s neck) but only the thief can sell them at the guild.
If you’re a magic user you can cast Open on the chest for more gold
If you’re a thief you can use your lock pick on the chest for more gold.

Leave the house. Click on the west side stone fence to climb over it.
Go South
Go East 2x
You will see a camp with a band of treasure hunters looking for a map. Talk to them about the treasure, the map, and the pirates.
If you’re a magic user you can skip this as you have already done this at the start.
Go South
Go East 2x
Go South
Go West (Entering Town)
If you can’t climb over the gate, keep trying until your skill is high enough.
If you’re a thief, you can then visit the new thieves guild again. Fence the stolen Pink Vase, Silver Candelabra, and Pearl Necklace. Leave the Guild and return to the closed town gate.
Go West
Enter the brothers house again. Go to sleep on the couch. Leave the house the next day.
Go East 2x
Go South (Leaving Town)
Go North
Go West 3x
Go South
Go East
In the graveyard pry open grate to catacombs.
Go North
Talk to Larry.
Give the skull to Larry.
Leave the room and go back into it. Take evil candle now that Larry is gone.
Go South 2x (to exit catacombs)
Go West 4x
Give the meep the healing potion.
If you’re a magic user you can cast a healing spell on the meep instead.
Go down the tunnel.
Go East 2x (through the tunnel)
Use the wind-up meep toy on the beaudine monster to kill it. Go back down the hole.
Go West 2x (through the tunnel)
The meep will reward you with a flute you can use later to summon the meeps.
Go East 2x
Go South 2x
There will be a stag there. It will growl at you.
Click the inflatable bear on the deer to scare it away.
Go West
Walk to dryad-tree (She will talk to you.)
Answer "yes" to both questions (She will ask you to kill the hippies.)
We already did that, so click bong on the tree.
She will drop some Orchard Weed killer on the ground. Take it.
Go East 2x
Go South
Go East 2x
Go South
Go West
Go North (taking you to the old brigand's fortress)
Talk to the guard, Cletus about Bill’s bar Laundromat and grill.
If you’re a magic user you can cast a love spell on him for a disturbing way to die (save first).
Put on your confederate flag cape and enter the bar.
Speak to Bill about the bar and take up his offer when he asks you if you want a job.
If you’re a magic user you can cast a love spell on Bill’s girl for an amusing way to die (save first).
Enter the door to the north.
Click on the clothes to wash them. You’ll find a note.
Play cards for money if you like (bugged - save first). Leave the room.
Show Bill the note to receive a lasso. Talk to him again to receive your gold. Leave the bar.
Go South
Go East
Go North
Go West 2x
Go North 4x
Go West
Fight the Goblin. Search body. At this point I’d strongly recommend getting some combat experience & earning some money here. To survive the coming battle you’ll need lots of strength, health and stamina points. If you’re happy to miss out on the points you can skip the super battle later on as it is not required to finish the game.
If you do decide to stay and train then unfortunately the goblins don’t increase in numbers like they did in QFG1 however walking in and out of the screen will always respawn the goblin. There’s no limit to resting so just rest your health and stamina back to full in-between battles (remember to buy more rations from Merv if you’re staying out here a few days).
Once you’re ready to leave the goblin base...
Go East 4x
Go South (at healers hut)
Go East 2x
Go North (through mountain pass)
Enter church.
Talk to monk about ghost. Leave church.
If it’s not dark already then select ‘rest until night’. Enter church.
Talk to ghost. (She may ask you to come closer, go closer.)
Take shovel. Click shovel on right side third row of pews/seats. (You will dig up her bones.)
Leave church.
Go East 2x
Enter whore house.
Click on the bulletin-board next to door (You will get a card for the male ballet)
[Warning – this quest contains strong adult content & is not required to complete the game, avoid if easily offended] Talk to people. If you are a magic user use a love spell on the woman behind the counter to make everything free. If you want a whore, click the money-bag on the woman behind the counter and pick one receive their ‘services’.
Leave whore house.
Go West 2x
Go South (through mountain pass)
Go West 3x
Go North 4x
Enter tree house.
Witch will thank you for returning Larry and give you elixer of undead-turning. Leave tree house.
Go West 2x
Go North
Go East
Go North
Click shovel on ground (You will dig a grave).
Put bones into hole (You take the index finger-bone on the right hand like the ghost told you to.)
Go South
Go West
Go South 4x
Go East 3x
Go South
Go East 2x
If it’s not dark still then select ‘rest until night’. Enter church.
Talk to ghost.
Click shovel on rightside third row of pews/seats. (You will dig up her bag of gold.)
Leave church.
If it’s not daytime then select ‘rest until morning’. Enter church.
Talk to monk. Give bag of gold (no you can’t use it lol).
Leave church.
Go West 3x
The index finger-bone will vibrate and point north.
Go North
The index finger-bone has found the murderer (this is the moment you’ve been training for, the fight is very tough! Although as I said before you don’t have to kill him to complete the game, it’s just for points)
Talk to Rouge. Click weapon on Rogue to fight. Search body.
Go South
Go West 2x (Entering Town)
Bella (Italian girl you saw in the Mafia Den) will be waiting there. She will tell you she wants to meet in archery range south of town, and leave.
Go North
If it’s not dark already then select ‘rest until night’. Enter Starbuck’s.
Talk to Bagi, the vampire. Ask about vampires, then about true-love (He will give you a poem.)
Leave Starbucks.
Go South 2x (Leaving Town)
If your climbing skill is insufficient to get over the gate at night keep trying/practicing.
Go South 2x
Go West
Go North
Bella has been killed (unavoidable). Give her the elixer of undead-turning.
She will come back to life and threaten you, but still tell you why the butcher is innocent and how to get the evidence proving the mafia murdered the Sheriff.
After she leaves put on Skull-cape.
Go South
Go West 2x
Go North 2x
You will find Bella in the forest next to the graveyard.
She won't kill you because you have the Skull-cape on.
Give her Bagi's love poem. (She will leave back to town).
Go South
Go West (To fairy ring)
Talk to fairies, talk to giant.
Give giant the ballet-card.
Go South
Go East 4x
Go North 2x
Go West (Entering Town)
If your climbing skill is insufficient to get over the gate at night keep trying/practicing.
If it’s not dark still then select ‘rest until night’.
Use skeleton key to get into Mafia Club
Interact on the painting on the left. It will open, click on the safe. It will open. Take the evidence.
Leave the inn.
Go North
Enter Starbuck's.
Talk to Bella and Bagi (they tell you they are leaving.)
Leave Starbuck's.
Go South
Go West
Go East
Go South (Leaving Town)
Go North 2x (To castle entrance)
Climb into the castle.
If your climbing skill is insufficient to get over the wall keep trying/practicing.
Go West
Talk to the Elite Guards.
Go East 2x
Talk to the old Guards.
Go West
Go North
Guards will throw you into jail.
In jail, click the meep whistle on you. Meep will pop up and dig a hole for you.
Climb down hole. It will lead you to castle hall.
Go up the stairs. Enter the Barons chambers.
You will hear people coming. In the top part of the screen there is a window-enclave. You can hide around a corner (make it so you can't see your character.)
Baron and Sir Richard will enter and talk. Wait until they are done.
Grab guard's clothing on desk.
Search the desk and cupboard by the window for evidence and gold.
Click on window.
You will end up back out in the forest, to the west of the castle.
Go South 3x
Go East 3x
Go East 2x
Go South
You will be on a zig-zaggy path. Go to the very edge. Click the lasso on the tree on other side.
If your throwing skill is insufficient to throw the lasso bedridden keep trying/practicing.
This will cause the lasso to hang from the tree. Click on the hanging lasso.
You will swing to the other side.
Go East
While hidden put on the guard's clothing by clicking them on you.
Walk past the guards (They will leave.)
Go North
You will be by a cave with an ice-demon. Put on the frost ring. Walk towards frozen girl (The demon will sweep air towards you, then leave).
Use evil candle on girl to thaw her out.
Talk to Elsa Von Spielburg. She will tell you about a secret entrance to castle and the entry rhyme.
Go West 2x
Sir Richard will be at the tree, with your lasso.
Click on the tree. It will fall, killing him and causing a bridge to the other side.
Go North
Go West 2x
Go West 5x (Entering Town)
Enter Mafia Club.
Show evidence to Otto & watch the destruction. Leave Mafia Club.
Leave the town entrance area and go back into it.
Otto & the Butcher will be waiting to thank you. They will tell you that Otto has no jurisdiction over the castle so it’s up to you to stop the Barron.
Go North
Go West
Enter Coyote Ugly.
Talk to the barmaid about the date again now that you’ve proven who the real murderers are. She will tell you to meet her downstairs. Click on the trap door to go on an amusing attempted date with her. You will wake up outside the bar.
Enter the alley.
Talk to Kaspar. You will tell him he can have his shop back.
He will give you a map. In inventory, look at the map. Leave the alleyway.
Go East
Go South
Go West
Go East
Sheriff Otto will be on watch.
Go East 4x
Go East
Go South
Go East
At the beach, knock on door. Ask Viking about boat and ask to borrow boat.
Now talk to the boat. Ask for voyage. Ask to take test. Answers are "Left" "Back" "Opposite the wind" "No" "Fresh Fruit".
After that, boat will let you take it. Click on boat.
Go South 3x
Go East 5x
This will put you on an island.
Go North
Take the bag on the ground. Click the bag on the ground on the sand. It will fill it with sand.
Enter cave.
Go East (deeper into cave)
Don’t walk on the sun-beams,
Go East
Click the square on the wall (it will open the panel). Click on the gears, it will disable the skeleton.
Take the skeleton’s sword.
Go East
Click the skeleton’s giant sword over the canyon. It will create a bridge.
Go North
Use the bag of sand on the amulet. This will let you take the amulet.
Go back the way you came. There will be pirates at the cave’s entrance.
Click the ale (mixed with the sleeping pills) on them.
They will get drunk and pass out. Search each of their bodies for gold. Leave the cave.
Go South
Click on boat.
Go West 5x
You should now be back at the beach.
Go West
Go North
Go West
Go West 5x (Entering Town)
Go North
Go East 2x
Enter Bank. If your savings plus the gold you’re carrying doesn’t total more than 200 gold then you have 2 options for dealing with the Lawyer (neither gives you points so it’s up to you). You can either be evil and just take all the money you have and keep it for yourself and threaten the lawyer, or you can be nice and invest nearly all your money and rest a few days (remembering to keep your ration supplies up) until the interest ticks you over to 200 gold (fighting some more monsters for money helps too) to pay him off. If you chose the latter take out all of your money once you have 200 gold.
If you’re a magic user you can skip all this as you won’t need 200 gold or threats.
Leave the bank.
Go West 2x
Go North
Go West
Go North 4x
Go East 2x
Click gold pouch on the lawyer to pay the 200 gold settlement, or click your weapon on him to threaten him into paying you for his life instead.
If you’re a magic user you can cast Leprechaun Gold on the lawyer to trick him.
Go West 2x
Go South
Go East 2x
Go South
Go East 2x
Go uphill to Erasmus' house where gargoyle was.
Click the amulet you stole on you to put it on.
Open the castle door. Go into castle.
There is a big red box that says "Break glass in case of emergency"
Click on the red box to take the emergency wand.
Leave castle.
Go down path.
Go West 2x
Go South 4x
Go West
Go South
You should be where that weird single log is.
Use the wand on the log. The log will open.
Click on log to go down.
Walk down the tunnel.
A plant will appear. Click the weed-killer spray bottle on plant.
Go North
Click on door. Baron will be waiting for you. Give him the map.
Follow Baroness out of castle.
Watch the funny ending.
Congratulations!