A Second Face

This is where you can discuss the freeware games that are on our site or that should be.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

A Second Face

Post by Pater Alf »

An AGS game with an interesting story that was nominated for 15 AGS awards:

"In the infinity of space there is a planet with two faces turning around an old, white sun to which it always shows the same side. The other is enveloped in total darkness.

On each face life has developed in a different way. The bright side is inhabited by people who call themselves Strefis, the illuminated ones, while the dark side is populated by the Ugeltz, the people of night.

No Ugeltz has ever seen a Strefis however each civilisation remembers the other, in legends." (taken from the AGS info page)

I haven't played much of the game by now, but so far I can tell that there are very nice graphics and that it seems that there are better puzzles than in most AGS games. I also can tell you that the game is not complete point and click, but uses a parser if it comes to dialogues with NPCs. So it might be helpful to write down some notes while playing.

I also seems that the developer didn't want to make a simple adventure game when he created "A Second Face". There's some kind of philosophy behind it:

"Although A Second Face may look like a common adventure game from the beginning it distinguishes from other games through its parabolic content. I generated a story, that contains all important aspects of life and brings them together to a higher meaning with a rather anthropological viewpoint.

Life is a question of polarity. During our passing through Earth we are imprisioned between night and daylight, death and life, hatred and love, war and peace, men and women...

But what is the inbetween of all things?
The final conclusion about life?
The so-called sense...

A Second Face tries to bring an answer for the inbetween of all things and the deeper meaning of our life. Maybe this will turn out your inner second face..." (taken from the official homepage)

Developer: Jospin Le Woltaire

Official homepage: http://faces.sitesled.com/

Download: http://www.bigbluecup.com/games.php?act ... il&id=1115

Download size: 95.8 MB

Year: 2008

Attachments
SecondFace3.jpg
SecondFace3.jpg (29.43 KiB) Viewed 10546 times
SecondFace2.jpg
SecondFace2.jpg (23.49 KiB) Viewed 10546 times
SecondFace1.jpg
SecondFace1.jpg (16.91 KiB) Viewed 10546 times
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Is brightness correction option included? :)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Why do you ask? Anything wrong with the screenshots again?

But in fact there is a brightness option...
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I'm stuck.

I'm on a mission to get the stomach back to the beggar outside the clinic. I've talked to the doctor, and he wants the blueprints for an aquarium, to give it back. The blueprints can be found in the council of science, but you must have permission to take them. And for that, you need to fill out a form, and it must be signed by Barok. Problem is that i can't get him to sign it because he always says that he doesn't have time for that right now.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Ive found critical (hopefully not) error which prevents from completing the game Im afraid. Unless the location I visit and man I talk to are both not neccessary to complete Geltz, but what would they be included in game for then?

Ill check AGS forums.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: A Second Face

Post by eMTe »

Surprise! Second Face finally...downloadable from CWF! Dont tell me youve been more excited, at least in recent days. :D

http://www.curlysworldoffreeware.com/games/view/522
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: A Second Face

Post by eMTe »

Ive returned to Eye of Geltz, one of the most evocative freeware adventure games created during the Golden Period of Freeware.

Thing with these games is, is they lack polish of commercial games, but puzzle-wise are not easier to beat.

kabuki