Changes. Changes never change.

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Changes. Changes never change.

Post by Zyx »

Hello.

If you're reading this, then we have safely arrived to a yet another new era of Curly's World. You should not notice anything changing.

If you do, please let me know.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: Changes. Changes never change.

Post by eMTe »

I really hoped this is the closing announcement. I would make a preservation screenshot of random topic (I have OG.nu screenshot which might be worth a fortune in 2050!) and say goodbye to an internet chapter that helped me doing something theoretically worthwile while online, for a couple of years. Before I turned into post-vaporwave darknet sh|tpost|ng one-person commando, division Cracow.

Seriously, what keeps this forum existing? It's only spam now.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Nostalgia is a powerful force?
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Or a burden.

Without an actual project attached to it, dead forum is better closed. Unless everyone lurking keeps reading portfreewaregames spambot's posts.

But it's just an opinion, of course you never know when a ghost from the past reappears, says hi and brings positive nostalgia. :-) I'm speaking from the perspective of a member who tried to keep the site alive to the very end, until it became obvious that it's pointless, bcause the world had changed. So I never really quit, that's why I want to quit. :-)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

I just happen to still have it in my bookmarks and look at it from time to time. :)

I've been thinking of starting a Discord server and seeing if I can get as many people as I can from the old OG crew to join. It's just a matter of overcoming my own inertia. :P
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I've been thinking of starting a Discord server and seeing if I can get as many people as I can from the old OG crew to join. It's just a matter of overcoming my own inertia.
Ask and you shall receive, https://discord.gg/pwqywd7
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Erm... well, that's cool and all, but I did say a Discord server for the OG crew, not the Curly's World crew. What do you think of changing the name and logo accordingly?
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Go for it, you should have rights to change anything and everything on that server now.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I recently noticed that this site's email settings were ancient, which among other things meant that no one could really activate their account - not even the spambots. That should not be fixed, although I'm quite certain 99% of new accounts were just spambots.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Thankgod Im an oldtimey drunken spambot.

These new bots, they dont have a HEART.