The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Tormuse
Warhero

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Tormuse »

I'm alive! :D

I'm still around and lurk here from time to time. I'm still working at Wal-Mart and have been doing so for far, far longer than I intended. :P Otherwise, I'm doing fine and hopefully, I'll get out of there soon; we'll see. :)

How are you doing, eMTe? Is anyone else around here? :)
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Continuing to be the craziest, most prolific, yet curiously unheard-of GameDev on the web.

In 2014, KORG released their wonderful "Gadget" app for iOS, and I've since been using it to create all the music for my games. Around about 150 "Choons" in a couple of years. Not bad.
This year, I decided one-a-week would be a nice target. The first ALBum (Deconstructed) came along fairly well, and for my second ALBum I decided to make a bunch of old VideoGame Remixes.
Unfortunately, that meant I couldn't really use those ingame, so I've ended up working on the weekly VGRemix, as well as secondary InGame Choons, too!!
Assuming I somehow manage to carry on at that rate, I'll have created over 75 tracks, this year.
That's kinda scary, if I'm honest!

I've so far managed 33 games, this year. Not quite AGameAWeek, but certainly a nice enough number.

Health wise, meh. Same situation, really. Good days, bad days, but mostly housebound and slowly going crazy! (*crazier)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Well, I'm ok. Pretty much I think. In comparison.

The cancer that I developed never really wanted to hit me it appears. It developed throughout the number of years, but it never spread. So I will probably die from another reason.

The alcoholism that I developed got controlled. I know what causes it and I know how to stop it and I have learned many things in between about human condition in general. But I'm still unsure if I want to fight the cause, like my father said "a tree should die like a tree dies".

I have another girlfriend. A simple girl, haters would call her redneck. Boy, I would call her unavailable for me when I was 20 or 25 or 32. But with time, you learn that any human contact is a value of its own.

I am active in retro community. Lemon Amiga and Lemon64 are the forums you wish to visit. Pixel Heaven is the real-life (wow!) event you wish to visit if you want to experience true spirit.

What else? Yep, I'm still trying to beat Gabriel Knight and Shadow of the Comet without walkthroughs. :)

In other words, nothing really changes in the Universe. Fluctuations here and there, but McCartney still beats Lennon in my walk of life.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

I'm still here.

My dog is also doing pretty fine.

I've only managed to release so far four games, so pretty close to A Game A Year. But then again, I have only been working on small parts of them.

I've been having quite a lot of fun* with Obduction, the latest game from the Myst developers. It's pretty and Myst-y, but The Witness really put the bar high for puzzle games.

* for some strange definition of fun.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Hi everyone :D

I'm doing good, nothing really to report, I'm working the same job, in my free time I tell myself to create a new portfolio to show case things I have done, but instead I play game :lol:
Drasir-Vel wrote: And otherwise playing through Dreamfall Chapters. :)
I really enjoyed that game, my only problem with it was that I wish I waited until the whole game was released as playing the episodes as they were released removed some of the enjoyment as I spent part of the game trying to remember what I had done in the last episode. So I'm not making the same mistake with Kings Quest and I'm waiting for all episodes to be released.

The current game I'm obsessing over is Trails in the Sky, its a really well written story heavy RPG.

Ohh and Jay, I've heard of you and Centipong is still the only game I have on my mobile :Bearhug:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Obsessed. Hell yeah.

Have you played Last Door?
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Yeah, everyone here knows me. Mostly 'cos I don't ever STFU!
\o/yeay\o/

Gamewise, I bought an XBox One, last week.
I do like PacMan Championships 2, but it can occasionally get a little bit too chaotic, even for me!
Of course, I didn't only buy the XBox One so I could play PacMan Championships 2.. That would be ridiculous.
.. But Sonic Mania isn't out, yet.

Meanwhile, I'm playing old Spectrum games via the Rare Replay collection, as well as occasionally aimlessly wandering the streets in GTAV. I know there's a storyline in there, but I just like strolling around and occasionally stealing the odd car for a jaunt into the wilderness.
.. Something to do, isn't it

Oh, and it came with a game called FIFA, which disappointingly wasn't Flying Iguana Fighting Arenas, and was instead about a bunch of men playing kickabout on a field with a ball.
There wasn't even a grenade involved..
*sigh* Modern games. They have no imagination.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I still think you can get A LOT of money becoming a brand ambassador for Tesco. With your strolls back and forth... It's just a matter of proper marketing campaign. 8)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I hadn't heard of The Last door until now, looking into it though it seems the sort of game that I would enjoy, so it is now on my list to try. Thanks for pointing me in it's direction, now I have another reason not to design my new website :lol:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am so EXTREMY busy! I dont mind it though.
Last week I was running through my workplace back and forth doing my stuff - and all of a sudden a coworker stops me and says:
"I have noticed you are always in a hurry but you keep smiling."
That kind of put a bigger smile on me, and I answered: "That is because I have lots to do, and I love what I do".

I have recently done the following:
1. I started my education on Media and Communication alongside my regular full time job. This is right up my interest alley, and I really love it. Lots of interesting stuff to read, and interesting debates in class - and lots of interesting stuff done in class. Last week we controlled robots and flew drones, while learning some easy coding (blockly).

2. I am starting up my new Multimedia/tech-workshop at work which has been years in the making and half a year since it was finally agreed to be prioritized. Lots of waiting for something that most people call one of the biggest moves for the school in years.

3. I started as a volunteer in a afternoon program for kids, where we teach kids about technology and coding. It is called Coding Pirates, and I am already deeeeply involved. Boardmember in my local division, and mingling with the top brass to get further. The program is called Coding Pirates and it is rather big here in Denmark. In my department (that started 3 years ago) there is a waiting list of 20 years... yep - You cant really sign up your kid - but your unborn grandkids perhaps. (We want to open subdivisions to get the list down).

4. I have started cooperating with the local library to get some weekend jobs doing tech-workshops for kids down there. One or two a year. The librarian I am cooperating with is getting funding for different gadgets and I then loan them to use in my multimedia/tech workshop at work, and then learn to use them and present them back at the library for use with their customers - and they pay me to teach the kids.

5. I have been contacted by the top-IT-boss in the communal office/city hall, and he would like me to hold courses for teachers and paedagogues regarding using and teaching kids about IT. that will pay as a consultant - so thats always nice.

6. I have been told I will be contacted about doing some other consultant stuff soon with a company that needs someone with my profile to help them target the paedagogues better in their worktool.

7. Oh yeah... I have a family and two kids... I have been thinking about leaving a picture of myself on the wall, so they can remember what I look like. (Nah kidding - they are always top-priority and I involve them in all I do.)

I hope everyone is doing great as well. Oh and ... HOORRRRAAAYYY We turned 10. ;-)

And that made me decide to pay for the domain-name for yet another year. :-)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

It seems I'm a little late to the birthday party, but I want to say "Hello" as well. :)

I'm doing fine, nothing spectacular happened in my life. Still living in the same city, with the same job and more or less the same people around. Which isn't a bad thing in my eyes.

In my freetime, I still play a lot of games, but hardly freeware any longer. Last game that I've completed was "Hard West" (which was awesome) and right at the moment I'm playing "Chocolate Castle" (three levels left), "Star Vikings" (which is quite casual, but good fun) and "Gun" (have some problems with the unintuitive conrols, but besides that it's ok). If anyone is looking for me, you can normally find me at the GOG forum (same username and avatar).
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

There's still an open space for people making a Bukowski game.
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Merry Christmas, everybody!

\o/

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

This year's wishes are sponsored by... Gene Hackman!

...and Dizzy egg, but there's no suitable christmas pic around.
Attachments
gene.jpg
gene.jpg (16.78 KiB) Viewed 24744 times
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

I was so happy when I discovered that the forums are still up and running and it is so nice seeing that everyone's dropping by on christmas with a bit of nostalgia getting through.

I got married and I got a new job this year as a Business Development Manager. Doing fine so long. Still Living in the same City, I still Play games occasionaly. I just can't put my PS3 to rest lol.

I wish you all wonderful days. And it was so nice Reading you again. I know some of you since 2003.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

It is truly a Christmas miracle.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Congrats Usul!
Hope everyone had a great day.
Now into the next year...

.. because if 2016 drags on any longer.. .. I don't think there'll be any Celebs left!!
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Just thought I'd pop by (a little late) and wish everyone a happy holidays and congrats Usul on getting married and the new job :D :Clap:
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Ohai. New year and new version of phpBB. This time it's 3.2. The top-right logo will be updated soon-ish back to normal.

We hopefully should see less spambots, the forum is running on the fastest and latest PHP 7.0, and the YouTube embeds are now HTML5 for your viewing pleasure.

Also, the site now defaults to HTTPS for extra security.
Baldie
Prospect

Post by Baldie »

Just a quick visit to say Hi (looks around, kicks a Mazbot into action and orders a Guiness :Givemebeer: :Cheers: and a little info, i got married on Halloween in 2015, will get around to posting some pics one of these days,so I now have 4 stepchildren, various step-grandkids, and of course a gorgeous wife, hoping everyone here is doing well and maybe I will get back into regular posting again, bye for now, drains Guinness- ahhhhh.
Freedom of Speech does have its responsibilities.
Who says I use BIG RED WRITING
Owner and Proprietor of Baldies BlackDiamond Enterprises PTY.LTD.
The Darwin Awards proof that stupidity is not always hereditary