The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: The little Inn by the wayside

Post by Pater Alf »

I just saw that you still can download the games from the Internet Archive. Excellent solution, Zxy (or whoever came up with it). Would have been sad if they would've been lost (some of them are hared to find nowadays).
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Thanks, I'm confident they're well prepared to take care of the games. Swizzle, the guy who maintains the PC games collection, was super cool and really happy to host the games.

I would've never accepted a solution where the games would have been lost to the time.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Cool!

And they even accepted tha adult games like "Buffy", "Hentai Highschool" and "Queen of Fighters". Not many sites would have done that.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

1 AM here. Yesterday (The 14th) was Skoda's birthday, and my sister's birthday too. And Valentine's Day. And my sister's boyfriend of seven years proposed to her. So needless to say, it was a very big day. It was very windy and cold out, so we didn't do a whole lot for the day. We all went over to the hobby shop for part of the day. I've been setting up a train layout for the model railroad club that's starting there. Bob, who owns the shop, has been a good friend to both me and Maria, and has been very helpful over the years to us. While it is always tempting to buy every train car and locomotive in the shop (And we could do that!), he's refused monetary assistance from us. His shop's been around since 1978, and while hobby shops all around the country are closing up, his seems to keep going. So, since he won't accept money from us, he will accept our help in advertising his shop locally, and help in the form of time spent on restarting the railroad club that had been dormant for a number of years. In other words, we get to play with trains all day, every day!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Railwaymodeler wrote:while hobby shops all around the country are closing up
If that was only hobby shops. Groceries, butcher shops, bookstores, newsstands... There are still cobblers and clockmakers, to be found mostly in poorer districts and neglected tenements, but I give them one decade at most. There's even one hatter near the dental office I frequent, but I don't really know without googling what hatters do. Straighten crushed hats?

On the other hand we receive a flood of small businesses started by young people who work in broadly understood design and recycling branches. For example my friend refurbishes old furniture. I don't know where she buys them (but after all Cracow is full of old attics and basements), but she seems to be doing well and some of the pieces are priced really high (700 zł = 200 USD = 180 EUR). Hipsterish clubs have a lot of furniture made from pallets. Groceries and small shops in general may be closing up, but slow food culture becomes extremely popular too - here there's at least one event each week devoted to promotion of cheeses, juices, baked goods and beers from small manufacturers. Things only change form.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Just jumped in to say hi... I hope everything is going quietly around here because people stop by and then go about their business. I have been WAYYY too busy to get anything proper done recently out side of home and work, so every online activity beyond work is suffering. Even my consultant business...
Things are looking up, the sun has come out, and things are looking a little brighter...

On antoher note: Happy Birthday Maz! :-)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Seems like as good a time as any to pop in for a hello.
So..."hello"

I'm with Curly, everything has been crazy busy for the last year or so...been insane with work, working on the house, and other garbage that sucks up most of my days. Hopefully I can find some time again soon, but unlike the sun shining on Curly, statistically speaking, the sun barely ever shines in the city I'm living in...which is good for vampires I guess... :lol:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

And another "hello" from my side.

Hope everyone is doing fine.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Sometimes this idea of mass-emailing everyone to tell them to come here and say hi comes to my mind but it hasn't gone further than that.

Maybe one day.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Might be a good idea for CWF's tenth birthday next year. :)
Tormuse
Warhero

Post by Tormuse »

Hi all, just thought I'd drop in to say that I'm alive and stuff. :)

The other day, I got back from a trip to Europe, where I was travelling with my barbershop music chorus where we were invited to perform in England, Germany, and Sweden. I always enjoy visiting Europe and I had an awesome time. :)

In other news, I've taken all the necessary refresher courses to get back into massage therapy, so hopefully, I'll be able to get back into doing that and can get away from working at Wal-Mart. :)

How's everyone else doing?
[size=84]"A Canadian is someone who knows how to make love in a canoe."
Pierre Burton[/size]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Pater Alf wrote:Hope everyone is doing fine.
I've been hanging between groundbreaking and obvious for some time.

Apart from this there happened to happen some physical changes which are of no interest to spacetime pulp, whatsoever.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Zyx wrote:Sometimes this idea of mass-emailing everyone to tell them to come here and say hi comes to my mind but it hasn't gone further than that.

Maybe one day.
Hi :lol:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Finally somebody to harass.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Harass? hmm I don't like the sound of that........

*Dizi goes back to lurking

:lurk:

*Dizi whispers from her dark corner of lurking...

Hi eMTe, I hope you're well :cheekkiss:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I meant teasing or something... Damn English ;)

I'm alive, this is clear and obvious. Well is too big a word. :wink:
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I thought you were just teasing :wink:

I've also just spotted that it is RyM's birthday today, so while he hasn't been here for a while I'm still going to say:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Have a strange spinning cake.
:cake:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Happy belated train...erm...birthday, Rm!

Now, as for little deasing, what forced you to return? :D
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I was forced by gunpoint into the back of a van, next thing I know I'm here again....seems you can never escape this place :shock:

Seriously thought, I lurk on occasion and just decided I should really start being social again :Bearhug:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Dizi wrote:just decided I should really start being social again
Cut the internet cable.