What games are you playing currently

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: What games are you playing currently

Post by Pater Alf »

Isn't "Eufloria" the commercial version of Dyson?
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Yes.
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

I went on a shopping spree and am simultaneously playing Dangerous High School Girls in Trouble (strange board game), FTL: Faster Than Light (space sim rogue-like) and Magical Diary (girly Harry Potter adventure). Indie games all over.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Is "FTL: Faster Than Light" any good?
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

It is actually very, very good. It's one of the more forgiving Rogue-likes I've played, and unlike most of its ilk, it has an ending (that doesn't have to be your death). Make no mistake, the final boss of the game is hard as nails, at least until you crack the puzzle of how to beat it, but overall the game rarely destroys you utterly before you get near the end.

The beauty of the game though is the unlockables. You start with one ship design, but through various quests and achievements can unlock more, and each ship makes for a vastly different experience (and difficulty level). I still haven't unlocked all of them, but I plan to do so. All of the ships can be upgraded in different ways too, and since shops and drops are random, you never know what aspect you'll have to depend on in a given game.

I highly recommend this one. Just start on easy difficulty if you're not a veteran Rogue player.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Sounds interesting. I will put it on my wishlist for now and buy it as soon as there is some more money in my wallet again.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Now playing Duel Savior.... a hentai game! Yay! More getting translated! Aaand... it's not very good, but my OCD compels me to finish all routes. Hopefully I'll be getting Dishonored tomorrow, that seems promising. Oh, and in between I'm playing Dead or Alive 5, the breast juggling simulator. Notice a trend in my tastes? :lol:
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

My guess is in a few months you'll be playing tentacle rape sim.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

That was so last year. 2002 in fact.
Attachments
RRR.jpg
RRR.jpg (37.47 KiB) Viewed 14944 times
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I recommend Dishonored to anybody who enjoyed Thief and its sequels. It's been a long time since I played a good stealth game, and Dishonored is that, along with a few very interesting ideas - such as the ability to possess animals (and people) to reach otherwise inaccessible areas. I likey.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Scythe wrote:a few very interesting ideas - such as the ability to possess animals (and people) to reach otherwise inaccessible areas
The truly interesting idea (in rpg genre, but not limited to it) will be the ability to possess an inanimate object, like piece of furniture, a coin lying on the ground etc.
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

I made a game where you played as a chair for the entire game. It wasn't much of a hit since it was a first person game, and you didn't have any senses.

I'm joking of course. That idea would not be interesting unless it was used for something interesting.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Being a coin in a game would be kind of weird too. You could follow how you got piked up and spend, and then perhaps in the end re-dropped...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I grabbed a patched copy of Sanitarium. For years the only available version was heavily bugged and game freezed every 10 minutes or so. Now it doesn't, however there are other bugs, but at least the game is playable. So I'll try to finish it finally.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Bought a copy some time ago as well. But didn't get around to play it yet.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Pater Alf wrote:Inquisitor
And after two months and one week I finally completed the game. That might tell you that
a) the game is pretty huge (think I played +100 hours) and
b) that I liked it very much.

But I think I need a little break from RPGs now and I will play some games that are not so long. Probably "Beneath a Steel Sky" (which surprisingly I never played before), "Back to the Future" and "Superfrog".
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG has gone free to play, so I'm giving it another stint. This would also be your chance to experience Bioware's superior story telling, if you can stand the influx of Russians, trolls, little kids and little Russian troll kids.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Scythe wrote:Star Wars: The Old Republic MMORPG has gone free to play, so I'm giving it another stint. This would also be your chance to experience Bioware's superior story telling, if you can stand the influx of Russians, trolls, little kids and little Russian troll kids.
I tried it last weekend. Just out of pure luck, I chose a female republic trooper... so my experience was not entirely unlike Mass Effect. (Jennifer Hale for teh win).

I like the dialogues, I like how I'm not spending early levels killing spiders, rats, and other MMO cliche low-level creatures. I don't like how enemies spawn behind me and kill me. True, this was probably because I did play when everyone and their Russian friends were playing, but still it was totally not fun.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Yep, it's a good idea to check if you can change to a newer instance, where most mobs will be intact. But obviously, during the first few weekends, the starter zones will be overflowing. I turned off general chat completely last night, I'm not going to learn Russian or trollish.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Mass Effect 3 was 50% off plus Origin gave me a birthday present voucher as well so I decided to go for that instead. Also, they are just releasing the Omega DLC for it too, and I want to know how Aria takes back it back.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!