Chasm

This is for general discussion about games or about games that are not really freeware.

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Chasm

Post by eMTe »

Words are needless here, just follow the link and play - this is one of the few games in history than can be called work of art.

http://www.abc.net.au/gameon/chasm/chasmgame.htm
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Indeed a very great-looking game! But it's pretty hard IMO.. :p
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Yes me too. I tried it for a while but got stuck to the point where I didn't care for the game anymore...
Dammit.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

It's not so hard as it seems, I had the same problem, I got stuck and didnt play it for a while (1 hour :p). The key to finishing the game is close observation of cursor changing - I havent noticed one important exit way at first and that's why I got stuck. Of course the dam system is pretty tricky too... Anyway, the atmosphere is charming, you should admit it... 8)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

True. Is there a way of downloading this, so you can play offline and maybe SAVE.....

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Ive searched for some links, but it seems it's online game... Pity...

Try other games from abc too, they're not as fun, but they're all stylish, especially the one based on Kafka's "The Trial".
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

http://www.abc.net.au/gameon/chasm/chasm.swf
If you have some sort of download program, you can download this flash file.. Don't know if you can with IE or Mozilla.. I could use Getright to download it and play locally..

I am so stuck now.. I am near some tubes, where water pours out every 10-15 seconds.. Can't seem to get the right way.. Anyone have hints ? :) Not the entire solutions.. Just if you know how to do this, give some hints, that would lead me in the right direction.. :)
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I think you are further than me. Is there any form of saving in the game, since I hate to start a game I don't know wether I have the time to finish....

--Mark Twain
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

No I don't think there is a way to save the game.. Unfortunately.. :(
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I could tell you how to deal with these tubes, but it would spoil all the fun... I can tell you the same what I said to Chrolle - OBSERVE ENVIRONMENT CAREFULLY and be sure you havent missed any location... 8)

Consider it a hint... :p
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

I am past that place now :) It took some time, but I found the solution by trial and error :)
And what I said was infact, that I didn't want to have someone tell me what to do, just give me subtle hints ;)
Now I have both the wheels spinning, and water going somewhere :P But I seem to have blocked myself of being able to walk to the right side of the canyon ? Both of the hatches is locked :|
Seems like I have been everywhere :P But I always forget something..

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I had the same problem, with finding a solution and then being blocked of. Then I went back and unblocked myself, only to find I ruined the solution....

I was kindda stuck. I think I will look into it again later on. I just have to get rid of this feeling :damnpc:

--Mark Twain
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Wuhuw!! :D Finally did it :D
I am so proud of myself :D Not sure I could do it again with no problems, since I have been everywhere like 1000 times :)
A very funny game indeed. Not to long, but a nice 1-day adventure game.. Liked it very much :) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: More of those if you please :mrgreen:

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Chroelle wrote: I was kindda stuck. I think I will look into it again later on. I just have to get rid of this feeling :damnpc:
teehee thats how I felt when I tried playing it...its a good little game though. I haven't finished it, but I will go back to it one day. Thanks for the link :D
kronax

Re: Chasm

Post by kronax »

Nice game! Not easy at all, however...