The Jayenkai Archive

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

The Jayenkai Archive

Post by jayenkai »

For non-readers

OMG!WTF!116 Games by Jayenkai!

For readers

People have always complained that I never really keep a neat list of games.
The thing is, I've always jumped from Project to Project, and as a result, the list is absolutely crazily large.
Every time I write a new game, I have the mindset that I should probably start with this one, but then.. So many old games. To start a new list and essentially lose all the old stuff?
That's not right!

So, once I hit the end of Year One (agameaweek.com) I decided it was probably about time to get a move on.

I spent a good couple of days looking at all the alternatives.

Bog standard Database - Surprisingly unavailable from regular online sources, and if available, usually setup to catalogue your CD/DVD/photo collection, and not the hundreds of games you've made yourself.

Joomla/Xoompa/Umpa-lumpa - Insanely complex catalogue of options, from blogging to collecting stamps and everything inbetween. To create "Database of my own games" means to keep a messy mass of files. Images go in a gallery which will rapidly overgrow. Files go in the file list, which will grow in a different direction. Then you have to link the files and the images into the post which makes up the particular game's link.
Bah, too too too too messy.

So, as is the norm, I set about writing my own.
I finally got it all looking vaguely neat, and have begun filling it for all it's worth.

At the time of writing this post, there's 116 games dating back to November 2005, and I'm nowhere near done yet.

All games are classified as freeware, moderators should feel free to pluck out their faves and dump them in the CWF archive.

For now, have a nosey, vote and comment as you wish, and enjoy The Jayenkai Archive.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

An amazing archive full of retro-goodfeelings. I stumbled on a bug though... Raining bombs was there twice in the first page. :) Release dates June 7th and 8th. :)
If the second was a remake of the first then your are pushing it. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
jayenkai
CWF's God of Freeware

Post by jayenkai »

Don't be silly!

The upper one's 7th July!

8th June one's for the phone, and I'm glad you've not noticed it because it means I have to highlight that a little better..