The little Inn by the wayside

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Long time, no Diz-see! ...sorry, that was lame...

Yah, you missed all the best parts. :lol: In spite of my über-slacking, we still seem to be going strong.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hurrah Dizi's here.

It has been a loong time. I thought it would be more than 10000 post since then actually.
But happy reading nonetheless. (It just dawned on me that the reason you haven't got more posts to read is because you are not a GH That would mean twice the amount of posts :))

How's life been treating you?
"Oh and waiter - A malibu for the lady"
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Finally a woman here. And what a one. The abandonware legend. Just when I started to think that this place is going to become an old males' club for discussing nostalgia, computer games and popculture references. :D

Nah, joking. Hi back. :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

On previous topic. Sprained or dislocated, dont know. Poor finger turned purple, but didnt hurt that much and now it only pains when I shake hands with somebody unaware. And it's pink again. Strange I spent my youth playing volleyball quite often and never had dislocated finger... But due to my anti-volleyball height and jumpiness I usually played a role of libero... Maybe that's why.

I also did my first longer bike ride this year. 30 kms doesnt sound great, but counting my laziness, hills nearby Cracow and evergrowing belly... At least I outdid the woman. :D
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

mmm, malibu. Thanks Chroelle

I think you're right Scythe by what I did read I seem to have missed a lot. Interesting read about the bachelor party though, nice insight :D

As for what I have been up to, not much, work, home, work...few parties, lots of malbu :p Although I am going out tonight and not really looking forward to it for a couple of reasons, but I won't complain about it till tomorrow :D

Although does me being back mean that this place is now going to be an old persons club for discussing nostalgia, computer games and popculture references :p

I would of kissed your finger better if I was here eMTe :)
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

Dizi wrote: Although does me being back mean that this place is now going to be an old persons club for discussing nostalgia, computer games and popculture references :p
Sure does...except now it is co-ed! Since we have a female in the inn today, I think I might actually put on pants when I walk around the bar... :lol:
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Welcome back, Dizi! Make yourself at home here at the bar, and just ignore that pantsless guy!

Can I get you anything to drink?

You'd be surprised at what has been happening in my life lately, Diz. My girlfriend from the bus line and I are still together, which is great. She and I are thinking of finding a nice place and living together. Plus, I finally got all my computer stuff out of my home and have opened a store in downtown Waukegan! Business is doing very well, too. Sold five computers during the past week, and a printer, and two 20 GB hard drives someone wanted to use for building kids' computers.

Have a round on my tab!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

I don't mind the pantsless guy, I lived with 7 guys when I went to uni so I am used to it :p

Thanks for the drink I will have a malibu. Its great to hear that you are doing well RM and I am happy to hear that you and your gf are happy together, I wish you both the best of luck. How long did it take you to move all the stuff to your store?
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Took about two weeks, using City trucks and a crew on loan from the city maintenance complex. I had to work around their schedule, so otherwise we could have done it in half the time.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Pager wrote:
Dizi wrote: Although does me being back mean that this place is now going to be an old persons club for discussing nostalgia, computer games and popculture references :p
Sure does...except now it is co-ed! Since we have a female in the inn today, I think I might actually put on pants when I walk around the bar... :lol:
If you put your pants on Pager that means we all will have to... I dont wanna :(
But I could at least keep the towel on...

I hope you are really back Dizi. It would be nice with a womans touch to this place from time to time...

I can't remember if there are any other new regulars than Drasir-Vel since you left, but to him at least I can say that Dizi is a former (hopefully returned) regular and crew. She likes Malibu and playing darts with Maz. She know a thing or two about design and she can be nice if you dont tick her off. :p

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

The CWF Running team scores yet another win. Helsinki City Run half-marathon in 2:08.

It was my first "race" run, so in that sense that result is pretty good... but like Pater Alf, the target was below 2 hours, so there's something left to aim for next year.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think my goal on a half-marathon would be to go below 2:15 so obviously that time isn't that bad in my eyes.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Zyx wrote:The CWF Running team scores yet another win. Helsinki City Run half-marathon in 2:08.

It was my first "race" run, so in that sense that result is pretty good... but like Pater Alf, the target was below 2 hours, so there's something left to aim for next year.
Congratulations on completing the run and sorry to hear that you didn't do it in under two hours as well (but at least I still have the best time of the crew). But I tell you, next year we're gonna make it in 1:50!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And I am gonna come in last, draging the score back to normal. God bless stability. :)

Nah...seriously congrats on doing it, and that fast too!

Now we have only to complete a full marathon... Anyone up for that?

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Not yet! But maybe someday in the future...
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:(but at least I still have the best time of the crew).
Yeah, that's right... rub it in.
:silver:
Pater Alf wrote:But I tell you, next year we're gonna make it in 1:50!
Chroelle wrote:Now we have only to complete a full marathon... Anyone up for that?
It's a really a tough, competitive crowd here...
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Chroelle wrote:she can be nice if you dont tick her off. :p
And if you do she's nice anyway, so who cares? :p

You guys treat these marathons seriously... I hope not too seriously. I wouldnt want to lose one of fellow cwfers dying of heart attack. You know, dont run them too often. :P
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

Chroelle wrote: I hope you are really back Dizi. It would be nice with a womans touch to this place from time to time...

I can't remember if there are any other new regulars than Drasir-Vel since you left, but to him at least I can say that Dizi is a former (hopefully returned) regular and crew. She likes Malibu and playing darts with Maz. She know a thing or two about design and she can be nice if you dont tick her off. :p
I don't hold a grudge for long though, so even if someone does tick me off I play nice again once I am over it :lol:
eMTe wrote: And if you do she's nice anyway, so who cares? :p
:cheekkiss:

Well my night out was interesting, it wasn't bad as I thought it would be so that is a plus. However one of the reasons why I didn't want to go happened, which has left me feeling a little annoyed with myself and my head is in a bit of a spin because of it.... I hate thinking this much :roll:
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I was simply trying to scare the newest members in here. Have you seen the amount of games we have on the site now?

--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

ohh scare the new mebers ok....

*dizi coughs*

grrrr arrrghhhh grrr.

scary enough? I have been looking through the games, there are a few I am going to have to play as they look quite good :) Well done to everyone who has helped this place grow, you are all doing such a great job :)