It's the middle of the night

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

It's the middle of the night

Post by eMTe »

Well, I have lots of work on my comp (writing some VERY LONG emails I havent sent yesterday and I must do it before 6 am :roll: ).

If you're a workaholic, somnambulist or just a plain vampire and you want to tell others why arent you in bed at the moment, please write.

DON'T POST AT DAY IF YOU DON'T HAVE TO. LEAVE THIS TOPIC REALISTIC AND SPONTANEOUS THANK YOU. :)
welp
Patron

Post by welp »

Can't post at night cause I usually work at that time of a day... Or I just drown myself in another glass of vodka or beer...
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

After a James Bond and an old Finnish detective movie, it's a bit late here now... but why going to sleep just yet? All the best ideas pop into my mind only after 2am anyway. If one can call any of my ideas 'better', that is. ^^;

But sigh... the only friend on my contact list and still online just went off. I guess my time's running out here as well. v_v But before that, I'll finish watching the Lupin III movie I began earlier during the day. :D Go Lupin III!
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Time is 1:35 something..
Not going to be yet, since I need to stay up sp late, that I can sleep most of the day tomorrow away, so I can be up all night ;)
We are having a party at my (What was it you called it Chill ? :P)
Walking from room to room, and ending up at the local bar :)
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Well well well.. The clock is no 01:57AM here in little Denmark.. :) I think I am heading for my bed soon.. :roll:

You are having a party at your residential facility for students, that is.. ;)
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

2:40 AM right now. Woke up thirsty, but couldn't fall back asleep, so I came to the forums.

And I'm doing a little model railroading too, and listening to my old records.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Baaaa! It's not that late yet.. But if things go like last night, I will be sitting in front of the comp till the morning... Reasons? Well:
1. I have too much work to do. A work work (analyzing some results obtained from the environment measuring system I built + calibrating the sensors based on the data), writing a report out of it, doing largish C++ excercise for a uni course, it's not really hard anymore since I have used C++ about a year now when working, but it's still too frigging many lines of code to write without a decent plan && structure. Not to mention the fact that 2/3 of the grade given for the course depends on this excercise... Also updating some web thingies for work, and updating the server eats a lot of my time... I should also add some new features for the workplaces internal websites...

Bah.

and then the heavier fact...
2. I can't get sleep, since I have aching teeth... And that ache goes all the way thru my chin to the ear :| So if I speak nonsence tonight, you can blame painkillers instead of beer which is the usual reason :p Anyways, I think I'll go and have a :pipe: perhaps that helps with the pain :|
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

00:15

is it mid-night - if not please excuse me ^^'

what to say - got from work at 22:30 and got to sit down to relax at 23:15 - I guess I just need a bit of time for myself each day - oh and I was hoping to bump into a particular friend on icq as well, but I guess I'll give up on that now
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

Well.. I can't sleep, since I have slept all day, due to my newly infected pneumonia :|
So I am to tired to do anything, but to awake to sleep..
So at the moment I am browsing the net trying to find anyone who can entertain me until I will go sleep again..
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Guybrush

Post by Guybrush »

00:42

I really should be sleeping but I have to study - RAAAAAAH .. why do I always delay this to the last possible moment - I promise myself that from tomorrow I'll never delay studying again EVER (as if I believe it myself -_-)
They say that it takes a second to meet a special person
An hour to appreciate her
A day to love her
But an entire life to forget her

Never to be forgotten
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

04:45

Well, I had a tiring day yesterday so I went to bed at 7 pm...and woke up at 3:30 am...and have nothing to do before 6 am... So I'm here... :p

:eh:
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

5:30 here

Been playing Rome Total War and I'm going to install the GAlactic Civilizations 2 now
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

When I was out yesterday, I had some real greasy fast food, so here I am now at 2 AM with an upset stomach.

Oh well, I think I'll post her and OG some, then I'll go run my trains.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

I'm up because I got a day off tomorrow, so I don't have to go to work before tuesday because of vacation!!! Big party tomorrow, so I have to sleep at least until 12am tomorrow so I can rock all night! :p So right now I'm just chilling with some whiskey and enjoying some time off work.
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

01:27 AM

I have holiday now ^_^ Yay! Therefore I allow myself to stay up now... :mrgreen:
I am having brunch with the family tomorrow at 11:00 PM, so I think it's best for me to go to bed now.. :p
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

01:35 AM

Me again? :p Well I am still having holiday.. Ahh.. Wonderful.. But it ends tomorrow :( I am going back to the school again tomorrow night.. But that's okay.. I look forward to see all the friends again :) Thats the cool part about continuation school.. Heh..

Should propably go to bed now.. :roll: Will do so in a minute..

'Nite everybody!

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

03:16 AM, working...
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

I'm just about to go to bed, but I had to tell you guys about it first :p Good night and so long folks
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
elgado
Prospect

Post by elgado »

Since I left the working world last week, I've taken to treating myself to a glass of whiskey every night. The first few days were great. I went to bed soon after I finished the glass with that great feeling you get when you go to sleep after a hard day's work. Now, however, it's 3:21, I've gone through two glasses this time, and I still don't have any wishes to go to sleep, even though I'm tired and there's nothing to do. =|

*posts spam, gets download credits :D *
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Alright, I'm breaking the rule of not posting during the day, but I cannot access the internet from my apartment at night, so this is like a ex poste, or whatever in the name of Fuu it's called, about last night.

So yeah, I was supposed to go to sleep at 10pm. Instead I ended up staying at the university computer class till 10pm. Then 11pm. Then midnight. Quarter past I left the class for home. Arrived there at 12.45am. Then I wanted to have a glass of water before sleeping, so I opened the fridge (no water coming from the tap thanks to bathroom/kitchen/plumbing refit).

Now, this is where the online term 'w00t' could be used, if I ever used it, that is.

The fridge's inside temperature is +18 degrees centrigrade (and no, the fridge had no light in it; it's useless, the bloody thing; please turn the electricity back on, workers!). Every single piece of the would-be-edible item class has accumulated a lovely scent of... something totally lovely but not edible anymore. It was, like, -5 to appetite skill. The reason I'm using this stupid terminology is unclear. Must be because of lack of sleep.

So, I sort of had to use the verb Open on the Window, to get the space-invading reek out of my HQ. Good, took me another few minutes. Brilliant. Then I went to sleep. Wonderful. To wake up at 4am again, and not fall asleep due to... err... things I had to take care of. Eventually, when the clock was supposed to wake me up at 6.20am (it should've originally been at 5.40am, but I had come to the conclusion before emerging on my journey of resting that I need the extra 40 minutes of sleep, which I didn't get; instead I gave away an extra two hours plus two hours of sleep), I was sitting there next to it, ready to turn it off. Being a bit out of shape, I hit my 'shut the bloody heck up' strike wide instead of on the 'alarm off' button, so the bleeding thing kept screaming for another two seconds.

So yeah, me not sleeping last night is not an authentic, real-time experience at the moment anymore, but being quite an interesting sum of events, I decided to post it here. It was fun, yes. I'd like to experience it again in, say, two years time, yes. I'd like to see my fridge operating when I get back home tonight, yes. Any hope for that happening, no. Yes. No.

I love sleeping.