The Hellish/Heavenish Bar

Here you can talk about anything (that isn't related to the other forums).

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

good day all

and hangover well I heard that a fried breakfast is good for that....and lots of water. Caffinated drinks are no good for a hangover, but this is just my opinion.
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

My best recipe for avoiding hangovers is to only drink whiskey the day before. Works smooth for me! But if you still got a hangover, water is always the best medicine. Or maybe just some painkillers!
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

The best cure for hangover, is to avoid getting sober! ;) Hehe..

I think I am making another hangover tonight..

Better start now!

*grabs a beer!*

Cheers! :morebeer:

Oh, BTW:

WELCOME INSANUS!
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Had my brother's birthday party yeaterday, what a night.

Best medecine for avoiding hangover is to not exceed your limits :mrgreen:
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Best cure for hangover:
Drink only one thing during the evening, like beer or wine or spirits.
Preferably something soft - I prefer Gin and orange juice.
BEfore you go to bed you should then drink a liter of water with lots of salt in it. Take two aspirins before going to bed, and when you wake up drink water, not coffee or coke. Eat salty food, like chips, and lots of "rough-bread" (rye bread I think it is called). This will keep your fluid levels, salt levels and fiber levels good, and you should be good the entire time.
Have fun drinking.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Best cure for hangover is to not have one. Has worked for me perfectly so far. I must say one thing I have trouble understanding is drinking to get drunk and hangover... never seen the fun of it. Two beers and/or perhaps one other drink per night per month are more than enough for me. :rolleyes:

I guess my head's messed up enough even without alcohol or other substances. ^^;
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

I like to be (very) drunk! It's just so fun.. :P hehe.. I was also drunk yesterday, and now I have hangover again... -_- Baah...

*Grabs a coke..*

Oohh, I am just SOO hungry, and some McDonalds food is on the way! ;) I'm so excited! :D:D
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I heard mcDonalds food is better over in Europe then America. My sister went to Holland and said mcD's tastes much better over there. Any truth to this?

Got some model railroad work to do today, bought some new track this morning, and hope to maybe put some pics in my gallery.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I haven't eaten McDonalds food for 5 years now. I decided to quit it at some point, and I just never gave in...

Don't miss it though. I eat my fast food at other places than McD. Like sometimes Burger King but more often from the local grill.

And I haven't tried an American McD burger so I can't say if it's better or worse or even the same...

I can say though that the average American eats 3 burgers everytime a Dane eats 1.... Funny fact I got the from the TV the other day...

--Mark Twain
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

mcdonalds over here has changed a lot over the last few years as it is trying to change its image to a more healthier place to eat. Last time I was in holland however they did the nicest milkshkes that I had ever tasted. So maybe its just holland that has a good mcD's :p
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Well, I just put a few pictures in my gallery, but the thumbnails are all in greyscale, probably to reduce loading time or something. The full size is correct though.

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Congraz Chill, you're an year older than you were not so long ago, if I'm correct :)
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

yeah its chillums birthday :D

lets celebrate with cake and icecream and also free beer
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Oh..! That free beer part stole my attencion!

*Grabs a free birthday beer!* :D

Thanks for the gratz.. :)

RWM, I have never tried a non-european burger.. In fact, I have never been outside europe... :roll: But I would like to try it someday of course.. Gotta see the Great America! :p

Ancsur2002
Patron

Post by Ancsur2002 »

HAAAAAAPPPPPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAAAY

American burger is not as good as European...
However, I don't eat them since loooong years.
The Bible teaches you that thou shalt love thy neighbour. Kama Sutra teaches you how.

Hungarian Scorpio of the Forums
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

Happy birthday, Chillum-san! Hope you have a good one. ^_^

Ahh, it's such a nice day... and I had a very nice chat last night, so having completely twisted my sleeping habits once again doesn't feel bad at all this time. ^_^

Have a nice week, everyone! :balloon:
Prideth
Patron

Post by Prideth »

Happy birthday Chillum :).

Bah, I hate posting in bars when I can't think of anything interesting to say, except happy birthday to someone celebrating a birthday. Trying to think through the dopey haze of painkillers that I'm taking to try and kill a horrible headache that has been hammering my skull for three days straight now isn't helping with that either.

On the burger subject, you haven't had a real burger until you've tried one from a good old fashioned Australian fish and chip shop. These things have everything, and I mean everything including onion, pineapple and sliced beetroot on them, and are so big, you need four hands to hold them. Even then, half the filling always ends up in your lap. They are 1,000 times better than anything MacDonalds makes.
[size=75][color=darkblue]Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day[/color][/size]
welp
Patron

Post by welp »

Happy birthday Chillum!!! Just woke up after three days at work in a row... Gonna be a good boy today...
And... I think I'll get a beer!!!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And of course HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHILL. Have a GREAT day.

I just returned from the the wet/slippery - road course... Had some great fun twisting cars into 720 degree spins with handbrakes and such.
Great time. Now I gotta top it off by doing laundry and hanging up shelves... GREAT. :roll:

--Mark Twain
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Happy birthday Chillum! Anything I can get you from the bar?

@Chroelle, sounds fun on the road course, I'd like to do something like that, but need a drivers license first!