Coke in keyboard

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Coke in keyboard

Post by Chroelle »

Ok. I got this killer keyboard from my GF this christmas and I really love it. Now I have gone and screwed up. I was pouring coke in a glass next to my keyboard and as I was putting the bottle down I accidentally (of course) knocked it over and poured coke into the keyboard. I have been cleaning it out for some days now. I am waiting a couple of hours and seeing what keys are stuck, the I take it to the kitchen and clean it out with water and a q-tip. However it seems that within a couple of hours it is the next pair of keys that are stuck and now it has been 3 days or so. Got any ideas on how to clean it out? Of course it has to be the arrowkeys, enter key and del key that keep getting stuck.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

You really have to disassemble it and remove each individual key from the keyboard (if you haven't done so already). That makes it so much easier to clean them thoroughly. I remember once cleaning a smoke damaged keyboard from next to a fire once, like that.
Pager
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Pager »

This may be a little late...but nonetheless, for future reference, I use windex (Window Cleaner) at work for cleaning stuck keys. Works well with touch tone telephones too. And plus it makes it smell somewhat new, the user has no idea that an entire jug of coffee was ever spilt on it...only prob with keyboards, is you may need to pop off some letters...
CWF - Safer than Crack, Twice as Addicting
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Now, from that you'll maybe learn not to sniff? :roll:

If it's not too late now, I have an idea: CILLIT BANG! :D:D:D:D:D Hehe.. And then some VANISH! And when it's all dry, cover it with NANO POWER! ^_^ hehe...

Nah, I think Schyte's right about pulling it apart.. That's propably the easiest (and best) way to do it...
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I dindn't think about the window-polish thing...So that might help. I have had to change keyboards as there are still a few sticky keys on it. I will try this out and see if it helps.

And Chill: :lol:
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain