The winter/Christmas is coming...

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

The winter/Christmas is coming...

Post by eMTe »

...so the time arrived to decide when and what games (if we uploaded some new between last and this Christmas) we should promote on main site. Should they be only Christmas games or generally winter themed games?

I also have some twisted idea, but it will probably fall into the 'failed' category of our various projects, like "developer help". Maybe it needs discussion and revision. If you want to hear about it, just ask.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: The winter/Christmas is coming...

Post by Zyx »

We want to hear all the twisted ideas so we can laugh at them. And do them anyway.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I think some winter themed games should be on the main page. Let's start on December 1st.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

The rough idea is to make the usual CWF avatar contest, but advertise it on various sites/forums frequently visited by game developers like tigsource etc. The one with best avatar wins and his game will be promoted on main page throughout the whole winter, even if it is crappy invaders clone or tetris looking like it was made in 1979.

Pros: we have (many) new members

Cons: they have to register first on a relatively small forum and take part in the game, we host and promote a game which has nothing to do with quality (I see the contest as aimed at beginners rather than experienced coders), contest has nothing to do with the prize etc. etc.

---

As for games I think we should promote winter-themed games from 1st December, but Christmas-related from 15th December or so. Maybe we can also find some game we dont know and add it before this time. Not the one of Santa Claus in Trouble quality, but at least a new one. ;)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)