Facebook Like-buttons

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Facebook Like-buttons

Post by Zyx »

Hello,

I guess most of you might have seen "Like"-buttons popping up on other sites. What do you guys think about adding them here? I'm really on the fence with this one.

On the other hand, it's Facebook which not everyone likes. It's also doubtful it people use those buttons.

On the other hand, if someone clicks them, it will make a post on their wall saying "Firstname Lastnames likes 'Queen of Fighters' on Curly's World of Freeware". Might be bring in traffic etc.

Also, there might be something else you guys might want that I use my minimal free time on this site. Technically they're quite simple to add.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Facebook Like-buttons

Post by Chroelle »

I think they are a good idea. It would make it easier for people to find us, when they are searching mindlessly through Facebook. I use them on my blog, and that does generate some traffic.

Its also very web 2.0.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Re: Facebook Like-buttons

Post by Pater Alf »

I have no idea if it would be a good idea, because I don't use Facebook or any other social network. So no oppinion from my side...
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]