Reviews for Top 10

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Reviews for Top 10

Post by Zyx »

Hello!

In effort to get more content to our nice site, I think a good challenge would be to at least have a review for each game that we have in our Top Rated / Top Downloads-sections (~20 games). Right now, only two games there have any reviews.

Top rated games
The Spirit Engine
Battle for Wesnoth
Prodigal
Highway Pursuit (already has reviews)
Cave Story (Doukutsu M...
TrackMania Nations
Brain Hotel
Racer
5 Days a Stranger
Bos Wars

Top downloads
The Infinity String
The Spirit Engine 2
The Queen of Fighters
Legion Saga II
Buffy: Call of the Siren
Privateer (Remake) (already has a review)
Battle for Wesnoth
TAGAP - The Apocalypti...
Quest for Glory 4 1/2
Death Worm

From that list, I'm planning to write a review for Tarckmania Nations, because it's the only game on the list that I have played so far. I don't think we have enough active people so that there would be a fight over which game to review, so feel free to pick one... =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Reviews for Top 10

Post by Chroelle »

I have been thinking about this for some time as well, and I plan to write a review or two myself. Perhaps we can make a friendly competition about this, and hope to get a few more members. Only problem is as always THE PRIZE...
Did you still have that telltale game Zyx? Then we can offer that to the one who writes the best/most reviews.
Crew is not able to win the prize... (?)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:I have been thinking about this for some time as well, and I plan to write a review or two myself. Perhaps we can make a friendly competition about this, and hope to get a few more members. Only problem is as always THE PRIZE...
Did you still have that telltale game Zyx? Then we can offer that to the one who writes the best/most reviews.
Crew is not able to win the prize... (?)
Unfortunately the old Telltale codes expired in December. I'm not really counting on any new member here, just the old guard =)
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am pretty sure the only participants would be the old guard, but it wouldn't hurt to try. But f the codes ran out then the codes ran out... :)

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

BTW: The "Top Rated Games" are not really the top rated games. It seems the site just shows one game with each score. "Pushover" for example is rated much higher than "Bos Wars" or "5 Days a Stranger".

About the reviews: I don't think my english is good enough to write a review of the quality I would like to read. So I won't try to do that. But I will try to be more active again and add some games to the database.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:BTW: The "Top Rated Games" are not really the top rated games. It seems the site just shows one game with each score. "Pushover" for example is rated much higher than "Bos Wars" or "5 Days a Stranger".
Actually, it does work, but for a game to make it to the top rated games, the game needs was it 3 or 5 ratings. Otherwise the list would be just games that are rated once at 5. =)

(Sure, the rankings aren't correct because we don't get that many ratings these days...]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I am pretty soon finished with a lot of my projects at work, which are taking up alot of time - and energy - and when that is done, then the school vacation is coming up with lots of time on my hands to do stuff. :)
I will try to write a review, and perhaps even add a game or two within the coming weeks (2).

--Mark Twain