Gameplay-videos

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Gameplay-videos

Post by Chroelle »

I had this idea a couple of days ago, but have been walking around thinking about it until now, and I think I decided that it would be a good idea by now. :)

Is it possible for us to make it possible to add gameplay-videos (Youtube-links) in gamepages, so that people can easily see what the game feels like, and looks like. If that is possible, then I ahve a program for us that can make it easy to record what you are doing on screen, and then it owuld be great if people could simply record when they play the games, so we have something noone else has s far as I know.
Also the youtube video placed on Youtube, would propably direct some traffic at us as well.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

If it's worth the effort, go for it. It's not difficult to add them to the game pages.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well what I am thinking about is 5 minute videos of how a game plays. Just like a picture says more than a 1000 words, then a video says about 1000 more than that. :)
How is it possible to add them? Do we need to make the function ready first or are you thinking that we simply add links.
It would be cool if the videos could be placed somewhere visible. :)

--Mark Twain
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Positive!

Ive posted video links to some submissions in the past, because certain developers promote their games through youtube or vimeo videos, some even not putting screenies on their sites. Overall, good idea.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I will try make some videos of the games I am going to play this week. Let me know if others are interested in this. But maybe like screenies it is a good idea if just one person makes a video, so we dont end up doing double work. :)

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Thanks to YouTube and Vimeo, you can start doing the videos and we can link them to the games later.

I think you can create a CWF group in either service and add the gameplay videos there, too.

Both services are great and there are many other video sharing sites, but I think we need to choose only one of them. I think people are more familiar with YouTube.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I think we should go with Youtube as well, as this is a common household name, so people will automatically trust it.

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I have now created a short gameplay-video of Debrysis and placed it in the downloads folder... Should we create a CWF-you-tube account so we can perhaps draw some attention via this?
I will make one and start uploading as soon as I get a go-ahead from you Zyx!

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:I have now created a short gameplay-video of Debrysis and placed it in the downloads folder... Should we create a CWF-you-tube account so we can perhaps draw some attention via this?
Sure, but you don't have to have a special CWF youtube account. You can post on your own account and just add the video to a CWF group (which needs to be made).
I will make one and start uploading as soon as I get a go-ahead from you Zyx!
Upload it straight to YouTube =)