Bug List

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Bug List

Post by Zyx »

Now with the new site, there might be many things that are broken. Because I know that most of you don't use the bug tracker, it might be just easier if you list them here.

- The connect-webdesign.dk sponsor image in the bottom of fourm doesn't work.
- It might take some time before the google search box shows correct URLs, but in the meantime the links should redirect correctly.
- Site seems to log you out quite quickly. It doesn't affect your forum login at all, though, so nothing to worry about.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

It seems there are still small problems with foreign characters. Just look at the game description for Soviet Unterzögersdorf.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Not entirely a bug, but I miss the option to see which forum posts was last made (on the frontpage you could see 5 latest active threads.)
Sorry for not mentioning this before.

Will go bughunting either tomorrow or friday. Will take a fast look around now though - I got 10 minutes to spare.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:It seems there are still small problems with foreign characters. Just look at the game description for Soviet Unterzögersdorf.
Yep, this is something that you all could help me with. If you find any game with odd chars, please just edit it and fix it yourself =)

The cause is that the old site and the new site use different character encodings.

edit: Also, remember that the new site supports BBCode in game descriptions/news/reviews/interviews. Please go through these and, for example, convert links to fit in text and add bold/italic/whatever to make them prettier =)

Also, there are some places where we just say that "this and this game's sequel is also available on the site", now we can also link to the game directly.
Last edited by Zyx on Wed Dec 02, 2009 21:07, edited 2 times in total.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:Not entirely a bug, but I miss the option to see which forum posts was last made (on the frontpage you could see 5 latest active threads.)
Sorry for not mentioning this before.

Will go bughunting either tomorrow or friday. Will take a fast look around now though - I got 10 minutes to spare.
The forum post sidebar can be easily added. Added to the "things to add in version 1.1"
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

An another thingy -
In your own words we are very web 2.0, but it would be cool to have some mentions on the site about RSS feeds, Twitter account and a link to the MantisBugtracker. This way we get really 2.0.
I have also started thinking in design again, so I might have some more suggestions and actual completed work ready for v.1.2. :)

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

We agree that the link to the sponsor image should just be adjusted right? If wanted then I can do that (If you trust me to do that).

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Found a bug:
The big CWF-Freeware in the top links to the forum and not the main site. Also something I might be able to do. Just need to figure out which file contains that image and link. If you could write me a PM with that info I could propably do it.

Also the Download link leads to the main site, and should actually lead to the games site.

--Mark Twain
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Shouldn't it be possible to comment on site news and world news (the way you can comment on games)?
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Any chance of a cookie remembering my login?
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Scythe wrote:Any chance of a cookie remembering my login?
It seems to depend entirely on weather... I'm looking into it this weekend.

Try to login from http://www.curlsyworldoffreeware.com/users/login and try clicking the box. I've no idea if it really works.
Last edited by Zyx on Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:14, edited 1 time in total.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Shouldn't it be possible to comment on site news and world news (the way you can comment on games)?
Maybe. I'll first wait for the first comments to appear to games before thinking about adding this. =)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Zyx wrote:It seems to depend entirely on weather... I'm looking into it this weekend.

Try to login from http://www.curlsyworldoffreeware.com/users/login and try clicking the box. I've no idea if it really works.
Doesn't lead anywhere, even after correcting the typo.
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

For me it works (when I correct the typo of course)...
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Just leads me to the frontpage? oh, well...
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Scythe wrote:Just leads me to the frontpage? oh, well...
You need to be logged out for it work. But anyway, clicking the remember me button doesn't really work for me at least, so… =)
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

I think it's important to get the two parts of the site (forum and front page) to function as one. Otherwise it would just make it more complicated to work with.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Drasir-Vel wrote:I think it's important to get the two parts of the site (forum and front page) to function as one. Otherwise it would just make it more complicated to work with.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I could use the forum cookie for authentication. Cookies are somewhat foreign to me, but let's hope either I figure it or we find someone who can =)
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Zyx wrote:
Drasir-Vel wrote:I think it's important to get the two parts of the site (forum and front page) to function as one. Otherwise it would just make it more complicated to work with.
Yeah, I'm trying to figure out how I could use the forum cookie for authentication. Cookies are somewhat foreign to me, but let's hope either I figure it or we find someone who can =)
OK, after consulting the voodoo goddesses(*) of cakePHP, phpBB2 and just plain PHP I do have a test case for you lot. For this thing to work, you need to have clicked the "auto login me in the future" (or something along those lines) checkbox in the forums when you logged in to the forums. I guess most of you have this.

1. Go to beta.curlysworldoffreeware.com
2. You should notice that you're not logged in. If you by some magic are, no worries.
3. Go to beta.curlysworldoffreeware.com/users/piggyback
* It should tell you that it could log you in and provide you with a link back to the front page of the site.
4a. If you see the link, click it. You should now notice that you're in fact logged in. Congratulations, I did not sacrifice a chicken and a lemon for nothing.
4b. Instead of a link, you get some kind of a message. It might or might not involve mythical creatures eating cookies.
* Logout from the forums and login with the check box firmly clicked and try again. If it doesn't work, let me know what was the error message.
5. Go away from beta.curlysworldoffreeware.com and forget that it exists.

I need a drink.

(*) Yes, I've been playing Tales of Monkey Island again.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Okeydokey.

It happened only once, then FF couldnt find domain for a while, then it went back to normality. Seems it depends on weather also, but I remember that Pater (?) reported this bug weeks ago. :/
Attachments
cwf.png
cwf.png (226.43 KiB) Viewed 19642 times