Link-partners

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Link-partners

Post by Chroelle »

Well I can see that alot of our visitors comes from Caiman.us and almost none of our visitors comes from the other linkpartners. I was wondering if we should look them over, and see if we are even visible on their site.
I already did, but I would like your input on how long it took you to find our link, and wether you had to target your search to find it.

The links on some of the sites are not that good, and some could use a newer image as they have our old images for links. I am currently looking in on making a newer link. That one might be pretty cool if I can make it work - simple and cool.

Also there might be others we could work with. I will look into this a bit. I wont go wholehearted into it as I know my concentration is torn between too many tasks RL and online currently.

But please tell me of your experience...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I wasn't able to find our link at Dosgames, Acid-Play and Arcade Force. If it is there, it it very well hidden. There is also no link over at Planet Freeplay (I'm not sure if it is supposed to be there).

About the other sites: Except Caiman they are all sites that are not updated anymore (or just once in a few months) or sites of developers that are not that popular, so I don't think we can expect many visitors from these sites.

There are also two links that we could maybe delete or change. DarkLord's RPG site isn't accessable without a registration and Firestorm Productions changed to Zolyx.co.uk some time ago.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

In my experience getting link exchange partners is not easy. Many sites seem to be having some 'automated link system' in use, where you must first generate traffic to their site, and if it reaches certain level, then your link will be visible on their site. Also really many admins never replied to me, and bunch of the emails shown on sites were no longer working...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I had the same experiences as you PA.

I dont want to throw too much time in this project as I think there are more projects that need me more, so if it takes a lot of time to get done then I will only take me longer, since I wont prioritise it.

The whole thing with gerating traffic to make your links show sounds very cool. I wonder if it is easily done...Not interested on behalf of CWF but personally with Connect-webdesign.dk.

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Link-partners

Post by Chroelle »

We got a new link partner. (At least as soon as either Zyx can make a link, or I can be told how to do it. :))
Title: Free MMO Games
URL: http://www.freemmostation.com/

We are already linkpartners with them as FreePCGamers, but now they branched out.

--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:We got a new link partner. (At least as soon as either Zyx can make a link, or I can be told how to do it. :))
Title: Free MMO Games
URL: http://www.freemmostation.com/

We are already linkpartners with them as FreePCGamers, but now they branched out.
Added.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Cool! :)
Thanks Zyx!

--Mark Twain