The Game Hunter Squad

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Thanks, I just got the message. Now, to get to work. I'm very sure there's plenty of great freeware simulation games out there. Got a few in mind right now. I think I'll check out the Game Hunters forum first.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

Ok, Mr.G., Ive updated some of game infos in MY submissions, still waiting for 7 replies, but all are positive so far. 8)

I can check other submissions too, but not before xxth of May, so if someone wants to help me... 8)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

Good. I will help if I have time. I will stay focused on the download system for now so we have somewhere to put and download all these great games from. Gamehunters, should we open a sticky thread in the GH forum for discussing GH business like this?
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
Ogre

Post by Ogre »

Gamehunters, should we open a sticky thread in the GH forum for discussing GH business like this?
IMO this would be a good idea...there are bound to be a few questions that pop up that should be discussed...and having them all in the one place will save time.

Speaking of questions:
I have read this GNU GENERAL PUBLIC LICENSE in relation to a couple of games now...and I am reasonably certain it means we are allowed to make the download available on the site, but to be 100% sure maybe you guys could please take a look?
Thx :D
"There are two ways to live your life
One is as though nothing is a miracle
The other is as though everything is a miracle"
-Albert Einstein
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I am quite positive that GNU PUBLIC LISENCE says that software can be provided freely, it can be modified, and even sold, but the source should also be available and at least the LICENCE should be available.

EDIT:

Looks like I remembered correctly for once:

" For example, if you distribute copies of such a program, whether gratis or for a fee, you must give the recipients all the rights that you have. You must make sure that they, too, receive or can get the source code. And you must show them these terms so they know their rights."

more about the lisence (GPL)
http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html
mistergreen77
Tycoon

Post by mistergreen77 »

There are a few different versions of the license but they all amount to the same thing. None of them should cause us too much worry as all this legal stuff is really about protecting the technology from patents.

You must include the license in the distribution and the source code or instructions on how to get it. You are even allowed to charge for distribution as long as you meet these requirements. If you download binary distribution of any software covered by the GNU license the included documentation should satisfy the legal requirements. As long as you don't remove any of it there should be no problem.
[size=84][color=green]“Everything should be made as simple as possible, but not one bit simpler.”[/color] - Einstein

[color=green]“There is always some madness in love. But there is also always some reason in madness.”[/color] - Nietzsche[/size]

:twisted: [url=http://forum.connect-webdesign.dk/viewtopic.php?p=5411#5411]Society of Sinister Minds.[/url]
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

If it's not a secret Id like to hear from The Squad (via pm) if the fate of some submissions has been already decided. People in replies to my emails ask me to let them know when/if the game will be submitted. So I have to either tell them the bitter truth (:twisted:) or raise their happiness. Actually, I plan to invite all authors to our forum anyway, but it would be nice to know what should I tell them.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

At least that the forums & the site are still only looking for their shape, since coder(s) seem to have a life :D

Well, tell them we do plan to build a site for QUALITY freewatre games, with reviews, screenshots and some support regarding problems. You might also ask if their products have any known problems regarding running them, and ask politely if they are willing to share their knowledge in orde to help us to help others. (Especially if the particular game is designed to run on older machines... you know the story ;) )

But I strongly adviece you to wait for our prime minister Curly to answer, since he is the one who really takes care of the relationships & co operation, hosting & funding & .... I think he might want to add something... (This time it might take a while, since he is quite busy the rest of the month, unless he spots this in next few days)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Spotted :D
I have time to read, but not much time to post, so you can feel safe that I read everything except polish and german corner through everytime I get in here :D
I'm going away on vacation on sunday for a week to Greece, but I will make my status "absent" in that period of time.
CAn you see the subforum Gamehunters forum in Freeware games? If you can, then you can see which games have been accepted and which haven't. So far only a few have made it. Beneath a steel sky was accepted on sight :D
The reason no more have been accepted yet, is the system we made for validation. At least (so far) 3 members of the GH's have to look over a game and vote on it between 1-6. 4+ being accepted. As you know alot of games have been submitted, (since you submitted most of them...), so it takes some time. Also we stole :mrgreen:'s time away from the GH's to the coding departement.
FM's suggestion actually sounds terrific! And if you could invite them on to this forum it would really reek class and quality.

I think you should try PM'ing Chill and see if he can tell you which games have been accepted already. I'm sorry I don't have the time, but I have only been home to sleep the last couple of days. (Yes I didn't eat at home either :( )
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Monteque
Tycoon

Post by Monteque »

We are still looking for people, who are able to help us reviewing and finding games... Just apply by sending me a pm.... :)
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5705/sig2rose5ju.jpg[/img]
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well I Pm'ed some guys in here, and I hope to get positive replies fromm them. If you did not get a PM, that don't mean we dont want you. Just means that I didn't have time to write everyone a PM :D

Do you think you are Game hunter material...?

Then apply, because
YOUR FORUM NEEDS YOU!

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

I simply wanted to make this obvious once more...
WE NEED GAMEHUNTERS

What we ask of gamehunters is actually not that much. We simply ask you to play over some of the games suggested in our freeware games forum, and tell us which ones you are going to play in the near future. Then you should tell us afterwards what you thought of it on a scale of 1-6. We do not ask you to validate a certain amount of games a week but just to report in when you have played one of the games.
We need people to go over the games we have so far been suggested. The more the merrier. That is - the more Game Hunters we have, the more time we have pr game.
So maybe you are already a member in here, but just never thought about becoming a gamehunter... Anyone?

--Mark Twain
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

This thread will be closed and important info added to a more overall thread.

--Mark Twain