Discussion of log-in required for download

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

I put my feedback in here as I don't want to open a new thread.

How does it come that the game search doesn't give me a result when I search for "sandbox", "sandbox god" or "sandbox of god". I had to put the whole title "The sandbox of god" to get redirected to the games page.

With freeware often haviong weird or long names, this doesn't seem to be very comfortable to use.

so long
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well if you use the * where you are uncertain of what to write like Sandbox* you would be redirected. We know it is not a perfect solution but Maz had a lot of trouble getting it to work better. I am not sure if Zyx has any more input on this for later. Or if Maz himself does...:)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Usul

Post by Usul »

Hi Chroelle, thats exactly what I believed too.

I retried and no matter what I use i.e: sandbox*, sandbox *, sandbo*, *box, sandbox of*

it keeps getting no search results.

:)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

Yep, the search engine doesn't work the way it should. Zyx knows about it, but I don't think he will do anything about it anymore. Search engines are complicated (at least he told me) and I think he doesn't want to waste his time with the old search engine while the new version of the site is near.

BTW: I haven't seen Zyx for a while. I hope he is not lost in action?
Usul

Post by Usul »

ok, no offense..had been absent for a while and didn't know it was being worked on. :)
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

No offense taken. I just wanted to explain why you probably can't expect the search engine to be repaired... ;)

And welcome back! :Cheers:
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Pater Alf wrote:Yep, the search engine doesn't work the way it should. Zyx knows about it, but I don't think he will do anything about it anymore. Search engines are complicated (at least he told me) and I think he doesn't want to waste his time with the old search engine while the new version of the site is near.
Yep, if you look at the super secret new website you see that the web search is provided by google. You will also see that it actually searches the old site... so if I knew exactly what template to edit, it should be pretty easy to put the Google(tm) search(tm) in place of the old one. But...
BTW: I haven't seen Zyx for a while. I hope he is not lost in action?
Sorry, got a new job and been working on like 3 full-time jobs at the same time recently (closing down on the last one etc.).

I'm still here and plan to remain so.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Pater Alf

Post by Pater Alf »

Good to know you're still around!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

And want to remain so.

Oh and on an even more offtopic subject: Maz sent something to me yesterday from a promotion company which we are hoping is not a scam. It seems this advertising company is interested in introducing some clients to Curlysworldoffreeware. If this is indeed so this will boost our options of advertising the site and other things. So cross your fingers! I wrote them back today and I hope to hear from them soon.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain