problem with login

Here you can ask here for help on things concerning the forums or make suggestions on how to improve things.

Moderator: Crew

Dizi
Legend

problem with login

Post by Dizi »

ok my problem is starnge. I login, go to new posts which at the minute says 10 but when I am in it it displays 41 and the same 41 from lastnight. It says that these posts were posted today but I know they were posted yesturday. Then I logout and rather then loging out it tells me that its an invalid session. So I go back in after clearing my cookies and its logged me out anyway I signed back in just to see if the same thing happened, only this time it keeps putting up a you need to change your password pop up window because I only have 700 days till it runs out.

I had to get a new password yesturday as my mind went blank as to what I put this one as, so don't know if that has anything to do with it. But as soon as I logged in last night I changed it to something I will hopefully remember :P
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Mmm... The problem is still there? If so, I need to investigate it. It sounds strange... One question, how do you get onto the site? (You follow some link, you go to forum's home, you go to mainsite, ...)?
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

yup still a problem.
I go to the main page to login just type in athe addy and there I am :p, I have also tried on the forum page too and have the same problem. If no one else is having it then maybe it is a problem on my side. But just thought I would report it.
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

I experience problems with the log-in too. When I go to CWF, it's often a blank page and when it is finally displayed, I have to log-in again, although I use cookies and the Remember Me function, which worked well all the time.
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Same thing happens to me occasionally (almost daily). But at least now I can remember my password...
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I believe problems you're experiencing are related to our host. (I believe, not sure tho). Sounds like the server has some issues and is restarted. During restart coockies from server side are lost, and your session expires, hence logout after these problems... Well, This is mostly guessing, but it sounds like it could be that...
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Does anyone have this issue anymore? Otherwise the thread will be closed.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

The blank page still happens to me on occasion, especially at work, where everything seems to time out a little more often.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Scythe wrote:The blank page still happens to me on occasion, especially at work, where everything seems to time out a little more often.
Easy solution, stop working mate :D
That way you'll have more time to spend on CWF, and less money to get new (non freeware) games to spend time with :D

A Win - Win situation, right? :D
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Ah, but then I can't afford my internet connection, now can I? :p
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

In denmark? You have a top notch social safetynet as far as I know, and internet is not THAT expencive, right ;) :p

Well, I really believe it is caused by our host/bad connection/heavy mainsite. Host and connection are things I cannot help with, and heavyness of the mainsite is not easy to solve. Or not easy to solve for me :)
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

In any case, it just happened to me at home. 12.13 I got a blank page, had to reload and log in to the site again, and the New Posts didn't reflect the latest two posts. So still an issue. Is there a way for "New Posts" to stay until the topic is checked or some kind of time period has passed (like 24 hours), or is that way complicated?
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That would be an amazing thing to have, or like I think you asked somewhere else - the possibility of searching for posts made within the last 24 hours or so.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

In phpBB3 there's a such thing as "view active topics", which shows topics you migth've read, but have been edited in the last icantremember hours. But, I don't know if that's been done to phpbb2.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Scythe

Post by Scythe »

Whatever you did to the front page, it works. Everything's been really dandy for a while now.