Which Game Consoles Have You Owned?

This forum is for discussing Old Games. (Bubble Bobble, Command & Conquer Etc.). Yes, nostalgia's back.
Chillum
Legend

Which Game Consoles Have You Owned?

Post by Chillum »

Well, as topic says.. :rolleyes:

I am not that old as many other in here, so I have never owned consoles such as Commodore 64 ect.
But the first I got was a Nintendo Game Boy... I don't quite remember when, but I think the old model was quite new when me and my sister got one each.. :D I got Super Mario, and she got Tom And Jerry..

After that, I got a Sony Playstation at Christmas in 1996, and I got Ridge Racer Revolution and Final Doom to it :D Final doom has been played a lot by me and my dad ;)

Besides that I have only got a Sony Playstation 2, which I still use.. :D The first game I got for that, was Socom: US Navy Seals...
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well my first and only console was/is a Playstation 1. I still use it from time to time.

I borrowed an Amiga 500 from a friend for half a year or so. Played quite a few games. He had like 50 different games for it, and I borrowed them along with the console.

It was a sad time when I had to give it back :(

I also played quite alot of commodore games with my neighbour. He had a big collection of games, but that never really caugh on hard enough for me to get one...

I always played on my dads computer. A PC10 I think it was called. All floppy disk, and not so many games for it. Mostly I played around making DOS-games with it. My dad taught me how. The only thing he EVER taught me about computers, since then I've been teaching him :D
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Chillum
Legend

Post by Chillum »

Hehe... Theres nothing better than sitting in front of an old nintendo, amiga or something, and loads of games besides it! It's quite fascinating in a strange way.. :rolleyes:

I remember that I was with my dad at work when I had vacation from school... Once there was an old Apple computer, which I had quite fun with.. I think there was just one (floppy) game with it.. Well I can only remember one, and that was a game called Lemonade I think.. You propably know it.. You'r selling lemonade, and then you have to decide prices, ammount of ice, which way your gonna get customers ect.. I had a lot of fun with that... :)
[u][b][color=indigo]:Givemebeer:....................It's a bird! It's a plane! No! It's.....................:Givemebeer:[/color][/b][/u]
[img]http://img506.imageshack.us/img506/3111/banner4gl.gif[/img]

Be sure to check [color=blue][b][url=http://www.lost.eu/336d9]this one[/url][/b][/color] out!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Something very similar to this if I don't remember too much wrong.
http://www.ae4rv.com/games/lemonade.htm

Just with a little more animation on the part where you sell.

Is it the same game? I remember playing it too.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Monteque
Tycoon

Post by Monteque »

My first computer: C64
My first console: NES

I have spent many hours in front of these machines... :)
The first game I had to the NES were Super Mario Bros. Brilliant game... Still love it today... My favourite games to the NES are Super Mario Bros. 3 and a Uforia (a rather unknown game by many).

Have also owned an Amiga and a SNES... The best Mario game were developed to the SNES imo.... Super Mario World is a very addictive game. Simply love the game. :D :D
[img]http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5705/sig2rose5ju.jpg[/img]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

Let's see, in order of getting:

- Texas TI 99-4/A home computer, in which I learned to program my own simple games (such as the classic Turtle Jumping - a precursor to "Frogger")

- Odyssey (which was also known as "Videopac"), with the all time favorite "Quest for the Rings" game, which my mother, a Tolkien fan, used to play

- Commodore VIC-20, which introduced me to my favorite genre, adventure games (pure text back then)

- Commodore 64 (I still have it, and it works), the "cassette tape" computer

- Commodore Amiga 500 (still have that one too), where graphics started looking awesome

I now also have an XBox, an XBox 360 and a PS2, but those are very new acquisitions (naturally with regards to the 360). I admit it, I'm a gamer. :D
Pepsi
Mod

Post by Pepsi »

hm not so many...

GB (the old school one =))
N62
PS2
and thats all i think...
Schmidter
Prospect

Post by Schmidter »

We had in the beginning of my childhood a commodore 64, and we had recorded I donw know,maybe hundreds of games from some friends!? :-O:P Please dont put us to jail, you cant prove it ;):D And then we had lots of lists, and I can rmember playing some of the games alot, especially Bubble bobble, where we played together with others! :) Very nice game back then :) Then I also remember Ghost busters, and another game with ghosts, can remember how it looked, but no more than that :)

Then I got the very first Nintendo, and bought 10-15 games, and played a lot with friends, favorit games was Super Mario 3, and some Karate game :)

Back then I had a good friend, and we played also a lot of nintendo, we played a rally game, and some game where you fly into each other, with baloons, man those games vwhere funny :)

Then when SNES got out, I bought it same day it came ;):P And my mother sold my nintendo, even though I said they sold it for to little amount of money, only for 1000 with 2 pads and 10-15 games, for example super mario 3 had costed 700 kr when it was new, so very BAD price, but back then I had nothing to say... Strange like nothings never changes :P:D

Then when N64 cma out I also bought that, and sold and gave away my games to family from SNES, damm I have wastede ALL my money back then only on games and so on, :-O:S The N64 I bought it alspo same day it was out, was a member in the Nintendo club ;):D 2000 dkr, thats sick :-O And 7-800 for super mario, wich probably was the game I have played most on N64 :) But also Goldeneye,, and some other shooting game, Perfect Dark its called :) Also Jet FOrce Gemini, and so on.

A friend of mine had super mario Smash brothers, wich I remember I also played in Lalandia, that game was just awesome :)

I also remember back in NES days that myfriend back then had this game "TANKZ or TANKS" it just ROCKED, We played it so much, we just loved that game more than anything ;):)

But now adays when I try to play it, it cant be played on my computer, because it is to fast :( And have tryed with programs, not the same :(

Now I have a PC, but thats no consolle, sorry ;):)

Sorry for the whole essay, thats the LITTLE story of me and my consoles ;):) and games :D

sorry again :)
[img]http://www.easi.net.nz/images/homer.gif[/img]
Dizi
Legend

Post by Dizi »

ok here goes...
Intellivision,
nes,
snes,
mega drive,
game gear,
gameboy,
N64,
Dreamcast,
PS1,
PS2,
gamecube

I think thats all the consoles... I might be wrong though :D
Prideth
Patron

Post by Prideth »

Hmm, have to get the memory gears grinding here...

Atari 2600
Vetrex (not sure if I've spelled that right)
Commodore 64
Atari 500
Sega Mastersystem
SNES
Playstation 1

Think that's it.
[size=75][color=darkblue]Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Never let it fade away
Catch a falling star and put it in your pocket
Save it for a rainy day[/color][/size]
FogToo
Warhero

Post by FogToo »

I am surprised how many of you have so many types of consoles.. I have never owned a console.. Always been very close to computers.. When I look at what they offer at the new consoles, I don't see any need for buying that console.. The games are often also made avalible for pc.
[size=84][color=red]War does not determine who is right. War determines who is left.
Praeterea censeo Carthaginem esse delendam! - Cato
There are 10 types of people in the world: "Those who understand binary, and those who don't."

Det er latterligt at påstå, at computerspil påvirker børn.
Hvis f.eks. Pac-Man havde påvirket børn født i 80'erne, så ville vi i dag have en masse unge, rendende rundt i mørke rum og spise piller, mens de lytter til monoton og ensformigt musik.[/color][/size]
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

One of my favorite game genres, the Japanese RPGs, is almost exclusively available on consoles... with a few ported-for-PC exceptions, but exceptions aren't enough when you want all of them (or at least the good ones)..! which was why I eventually got a PS2 (got tired of borrowing from friends ;) ).

But it's true that in this day and age, cross-platform games have almost become the norm. That wasn't always so, and while many consoles have been emulated successfully on PC, there are still enough games exclusive to certain consoles to warrant owning one... if those are games you find essential, of course. :)
rQvbanan

Post by rQvbanan »

My first console was a Super Nintendo, which i bought from one of my friends. It had about 6 games by that time, e.g Turtles, Super Mario, Mortal Kombat and other classics.
The next console was a Sony Playstation (the first one), I also bought this one used, and it also had a couple of games e.g Red Alert, Crash Bandicoot (or something like that (?)) and dozens of racing games.
Ever since my playstation crashed, I haven't owned a console... Now i only use my computer, though I sometimes could use a Playstation 2, I'm thinking about buying the new playstation 3, when it hit the marked someday... :)
-In an average living room there are 1,242 objects Chuck Norris could use to kill you, including the room itself.

-[url=http://s1.bitefight.dk/c.php?uid=17752]Tør du klikke her?![/url]
Swieb
Tourist

Post by Swieb »

First and only console.....a gameboy (a black and white one)....

Old computers:
MSX
and
commodore 64....
Pitkin
Tycoon

Post by Pitkin »

I've only owned one console (don't consider my beloved C64 or Amiga500 consoles but computers *nods*) in my life: the 8-bit Nintendo, which I bought in 2004 from flea market. Played many games on NES with a friend back in time, and my all-time favourite console game is... Anticipation! Great fun guessing what the game was trying to draw on the screen, having fierce battles with the toughest difficulty level opponents; beats most other forms of entertainment hands down. Yay! ^o^

I have very few games on the NES I bought, Mario 3 being the only game I actually play, but that alone is worth it. ^_^
SGSW
Warhero
Location: On my way to hell or heaven whatever seems best at the moment

Post by SGSW »

Ok from the begining to end

1- VideoPac Phillips G7000
2- Spectrum 48K, then 128K+1
3- PC 386, then 486DX2, then Pentium 3 and Finally AMD64

But I borrowed and p+layed many others like Gameboy, Megadrive and countless others till the most recents
http://www.vinylplastik.com/ - Wall Graphic Interiors - decoration - ships worldwide, AFAIK and it's run by someone I know.

htpp://www.lulu.com/ - Self-Publishing site

If you want a place to stay in Lisbon, staying for more than 3 days (excluding the yoth hostel) and are afraid to leave the girls with me try this http://lisbonsteps.blogspot.com/
JKSM

Post by JKSM »

Consoles:
Nintendo Game & Watch (the single game LCD handheld made by Nintendo; back then it was very expensive - it cost something like $50 for one of these)
Atari 2600 (my dad bought it when I was a kid & it provided lots of fun)
Nintendo Coloured Gameboy
Nintendo Gameboy Advance

Looks like I'm a supporter of Nintendo handhelds. :P

When my family had computers, we were not too interested in consoles.
PCs:
Apple2IIc & subsequently all IBM compatibles
espenso84
Patron

Post by espenso84 »

C64
GB
NES
SNES
PSX
N64

And that about adds it up. My personal favourite must be the SNES. LOTS of good rpgs. Especially the Final Fantsy series and Breath of Fire. Still play them on emus. I will NEVER fortget the intromusic on Final Fantasy 3. It still gives me chills down my spine. *brrr* hehe, it´just so sad that alot of them new games (and gamers) only care for graphics, and don´t give a sh*t about gameplay anymore... It´s sad indeed.
No matter how good you are at something, there's always about a million people better than you.

- Homer Simpson
Tank
[insert custom title here]

Post by Tank »

I had a NeoGeoCD (Toploader Version) and own a Dreamcast in a few days...
Usul
German Football Champion 2007/2008

Post by Usul »

Hi to all,

It all started with the Gameboy, definitely a classic one.
Then I turned myself to the NES.
A few years later Sony Playstation.

Today I prefer the PC, but I still own the consoles with a few games. It can still be fun from time to time.