Guess the Console game

This forum is for discussing Old Games. (Bubble Bobble, Command & Conquer Etc.). Yes, nostalgia's back.
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Icarus - I don't recognise that AT ALL. Can't even get the system... any further clues?
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
icarus

Post by icarus »

its from sega genesis... one of the first games
[b]And what if time doesn’t exist? And what if reality doesn’t exist? And what if reason doesn’t exist? Dreams, essence, beings, feelings, Life, would they all exist?. A final count, a count to our wake, a count to zero, a lottery of lives in which nobody wins and nobody looses, but everybody wants to play, why?[/b]
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

That changed things slightly Icarus as I was thinking 8-bit...

I've been wracking my brains on this and even phoned an old friend of mine... I'm terrible with Sega but this is called something like Cyber Police - SWAT team.

My friend had it though it was a game we never played - given that I refused to play a Sega machines at that time. The "SHOT" box down the bottom and the city backdrop gave me suspicions....

Am I right or at least nearly right?

EDIT: I just checked this exact title- E-SWAT: Cyber Police though I didn't verify it with a pic. Here's mine in advance - if I'm wrong, ignore it.
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
icarus

Post by icarus »

you were right... it's E-swat
[b]And what if time doesn’t exist? And what if reality doesn’t exist? And what if reason doesn’t exist? Dreams, essence, beings, feelings, Life, would they all exist?. A final count, a count to our wake, a count to zero, a lottery of lives in which nobody wins and nobody looses, but everybody wants to play, why?[/b]
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

I'll offer one clue, it's by Nintendo and is HIGHLY unusual for a very good reason.

Here's another shot from it.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

I know this one! I know this one! Finally I know one of these! It's Gyromite! I remember this game!

I even had the Nintendo Robot to go with this!
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

I'm sure we've discussed R.O.B. before...

http://oldgames.nu/forum/showthread.php ... genumber=2

But well done Railio, you're right - did you ever get the damn thing to work... HOW HARD WAS THAT GAME!!!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Yes, I got it to work. Remember that US televisions use NTSC formats, while European and I think UK TV uses PAL. I assume they did, then release a PAL compatible R.O.B.

But, :D It was much easier just to hit the right red or blue button by hand, rather than use the gyros and the robot.

Feel free to post another screenshot, Parvini- all my Console games are in a hot plug caddy which is at a friend's house right now (We can pull entire drives between our computers while there running with this technology)

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Railio - just pull one from online somewhere. You got to keep it going now mate.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

OK, here's one, should be fairly easy:

Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Hmmmm.... one of the Dragon Warrior games?

I'll try Dragon Warrior IV.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Close, Parvini, so close, but no cigar.

Looking for the exact version.

icarus

Post by icarus »

DW II
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

In that case, I think it has to be Dragon Warrior 3 on NES... can't think of another DW that had two such different versions.
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

OK, it was actually DW I- wasn't the princess in her seat in II and III at the beginning of the game?(Can't remember). And it was for the NES.

icarus was closest, you can go next.

icarus

Post by icarus »

Sorry for being late... this one is a classic
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

My gut reaction was Shinobi and then Ninja Gaiden... but that little energy bar on the side and the rain effect suggests something else.... is it... Shadow of the Ninja?
icarus

Post by icarus »

Noupe... shinobi is from genesis and has better graphics... this one is from NES...
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Look again icarus!
icarus

Post by icarus »

yes parvini, you were right, it's shadow of the ninja. I didn't knew this game by that name, I knew it by KAGE... why the americans tend to change the game names? Even my favourite game, Assault suit Leynos was changed by Target Earth, with an awful logo and artwork! aaaargh!