Guess the game

This forum is for discussing Old Games. (Bubble Bobble, Command & Conquer Etc.). Yes, nostalgia's back.
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Well Insanus - i'm no Amiga expert, but I'm pretty sure this is "Mission Elevator"...

Am I right?

However, because that was not really a turn, I have to wait for eMTe to either post a pic or make a decision... I have a great one up my sleeve :)
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Yeah, you are right. :D

It was way too easy, wasn't it?

Congrats to Parvini!
icarus

Post by icarus »

It's not my turn... but I'm so glad most of the buddies from OG are here (I'm Leynos there btw) that I want to give you some challenge... I guess no one get a clue on this one. It's Japanese (On ROM is traslated)
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

I guess it IS my turn (technically its eMTe's but I did get the last one right)... I'll give you guys another one to ponder as well as the one above.

This game is from the Amiga version of this game but it was probably more famous in its Spectrum and C64 incarnations. I've edited it slightly with paint because the name of the game was originally on the top left corner of the screen.

It is not a classic in anyone's book, quite unplayable by today's standards and buggier than a golf caddy's driveway... have fun :D

EDIT: Looking at it again, I'm pretty sure yours is the old He-man game icarus, am I right?
"The mind is its own place, and in itself/ Can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n" - John Milton (Paradise Lost, Book I, lines 254-55)
icarus

Post by icarus »

you're wrong parvini... nothing to do with He-man... a clue: console: NES
[b]And what if time doesn’t exist? And what if reality doesn’t exist? And what if reason doesn’t exist? Dreams, essence, beings, feelings, Life, would they all exist?. A final count, a count to our wake, a count to zero, a lottery of lives in which nobody wins and nobody looses, but everybody wants to play, why?[/b]
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Whohaa, there are still Amiga games which I don't know!

I don't know about the NES game and I don't know the Amigagame but the latter looks very interesting!
icarus

Post by icarus »

Here´s another clue...
[b]And what if time doesn’t exist? And what if reality doesn’t exist? And what if reason doesn’t exist? Dreams, essence, beings, feelings, Life, would they all exist?. A final count, a count to our wake, a count to zero, a lottery of lives in which nobody wins and nobody looses, but everybody wants to play, why?[/b]
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Well icarus - the bones everywhere are pointing me towards Conan: The Mystery of Time reputedly one of the worst games of all time and a game I haven't played.

If it's not that I'm well and truly stumped.

@Insanus - I actually owned this game for the ZXSpectrum and could never play it due to a tape error! I never knew it was out for Amiga until now.
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Yeah, but which game is the second screenshot? Never seen it before...
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Well wouldn't that be telling Isanus?
icarus

Post by icarus »

Noup... not Conan... sorry! another clue... Konami
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Is it one of the Castlevania Games Icarus??

If not... Defender of the Crown?
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Castlevania Games could be but it's definitely not Defender of the Crown. Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with console games...

Btw, maybe a small hint for your Amiga screenshot? Did some research but couldn't find the screenshot... ;) :D
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

Ok Insanus...

as a clus this game sort of has 2 names... one the name of the lead character and the other the actual name of it...

It is also based around a prison.
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Unfortunately I fear that I can't find the name of the game...
icarus

Post by icarus »

noup... it´s not castlevania... another clue... The character appeared on the first Konami Adventure
Parvini
Tycoon

Post by Parvini »

How obscure is this icarus!!!!!!!!!!

Is it Dark Adventure (1987)???
icarus

Post by icarus »

I don´t think so, Parvini. I don't know if it came english version. I own the rom with traslation. But the game name remains japanese. Anyone ever played Konami Adventure?
Insanus

Post by Insanus »

Nope, no Konami adventure for me and still no clue about the Amiga game...
icarus

Post by icarus »

Well... it's Getsufuu Madden... a difficult one... but a superb game... anyone want it... just PM your mail...
What about THIS one so? this is an easier one... Even has an english name :)