Speak it loud. Do you play old games anymore?

This forum is for discussing Old Games. (Bubble Bobble, Command & Conquer Etc.). Yes, nostalgia's back.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: Speak it loud. Do you play old games anymore?

Post by eMTe »

eMTe wrote:
eMTe wrote:I have progressed in Lost in Time, Rise of the Dragon, Simon the Sorcerer and Universe.
...and in Igor.
...and in Blue Force.

I believe I played the demo of Runaway if it is the game where little girl faces evil monster or clown during introduction. Never got past the scene, but it looked like an OK game. Very brokenswordish, traditional and all that.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I'm playing "Dark Forces" at the moment and even if it has some control issues (from today's point of view), it's one of the best FPS games I've ever played.

So yes, I'm still playing old games and I still love them.
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

eMTe wrote:I believe I played the demo of Runaway if it is the game where little girl faces evil monster or clown during introduction. Never got past the scene, but it looked like an OK game. Very brokenswordish, traditional and all that.
No, Runaway is these days a trilogy with a nerdy guy who meets this femme fatale who's escaping from the mob and in 5 minutes this nerd is the hero. Like Deponia, it suffers from this huge problem where you spend the whole game hating the main character.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Railwaymodeler
Legend

Post by Railwaymodeler »

Nowadays I have DOSBox installed which works fairly well for me. Sometimes I need to adjust CPU settings in it using the function keys, but otherwise, it's great. Much as I do love OpenTTD (Open source remake of Transport Tycoon Deluxe) playing the original Transport Tycoon from 1994 is still fun. Plus the oriignal DOS Railroad Tycoon and Railroad Tycoon Deluxe. I also set myself up an old iMac G3 (333MHz CPU - the tray loading CD drive version) for old Mac games. I found A-Train will NOT play well in any emulator, and Railroad Tycoon tends to make Basilisk II emulator crash. To be honest, Railroad Tycoon on a Mac is so much better than Railroad Tycoon in DOS. The graphics are much, much better, and so are the sounds. Yes, sounds, something RRT for DOS pretty much lacked entirely.

One thing I do wish, is that there was a fix for Mac Theme Park. That game is fairly buggy.n Park visitors stop coming when the park grows to a certain size, and the DOS version is not any better. That one has a mouse bug, though I was able to fix it using a hex editor and instructions found on the web.
Without trains America Stops- Support Amtrak

Old trains never die. They just sit in ruin and wait until the day they are taken in by a skilled craftsman and rebuilt to their former glory.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I have confused Runaway with Resonance. In which game I did move further, actually.

I have also progressed in Darkseed, I've reached the alien world and now policeman arrests me on day three, not earlier (still I don't know why it happens).

I've reached level 7 of HOMM 1.

Level 40-something in Incredible Machine.

Freeware games; I've progressed in Nelly Cootalot, Apprentice 2, Lyle in Cube Sector and 7 Days and Skeptic. Still can't beat Seiklus.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

On 23rd of February 2021, around 23:10 I made history and finished the last of Big Three, Indy IV.

Gotta tell you, I drank good alcohol, used fancy drugs, had sex with most beautiful women, travelled around the world, but no experience matches finishing classic adventure game after decades of playing, without a walkthrough. Or with slight use of one many years ago.

Some people may dream of the first winter ascent
of K2, but my dreams are right here, in the chair in front of the monitor. This is where multiverses collapse beyond the edge of time.