Starting learning openGL/GLUT or something O_o

Want to participate in game development? Need help in your game project? Open a new thread where you introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I read somewhere that gnu autotools have been ported to windows too... So, here we go, MazPong with this jungle of confusing scripts :D Tested on my linux, not tested on Windows, and almost all of the great sides of autotools unused. (But I believe I'll use those later if I ... well, use. :D )

So, on linux:

( Optional steps:
aclocal -I ./
autoconf
automake -a)

./configure
make

... hope :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

Well, I was trying to make it compilable on windows.
After reading a bit about autotools on Windows, I decided to forget it...

Well, now I however wrote makefile for windows, and created dev-cpp project which uses it. I however was not able to compile it yet, since I got a strange error from standard headers about redefinition of putchar... I have no idea if I have messed something in inclusions, or if the library update I did broke something...

So Paggy, were you successfull? If yes, please let me know :) If not, please let me know :D

And if you happend to have dev-cpp installed with glut, pthread and winsock libraries, you could perhaps retry? You need to correct the inclusion paths for 3rd party libs in WinMake/Makefile though.

Damn. My vacation is almost over, and I barely had time to look at this project :/ Month is certainly way too little for a vacation :(
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

I almost forgot :D

(oh, and all source file updates may not be present in this pkg, this is done just to try the windows compilation, and underlying package might not be the newest one.... Merging needed later)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Maz
Admin emeritus

Post by Maz »

changed boolean typedef since it clashed with definitions in new minGW package.

I also managed to make autotools work with the cygwin. It required some pondering, but I finally managed. I'll add the m4 macros missing from minGW package later. (GLUT check etc.)

I also started writing the client part. At first just a simple glut loop drawing items from list, but list idea has some major drawbacks - like how to know when new item should replace old from list - and which item in list... Idea needs further tuning :) Any suggestions?)