Purpose, Rules etc.

Want to participate in game development? Need help in your game project? Open a new thread where you introduce yourself in here.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Maz
Admin emeritus

Purpose, Rules etc.

Post by Maz »

Hidee Ho!

You're heartly welcomed to this place! Now, as far as I see it, there's 4 options why you are in here. They are:

1. You're skilled person who has wants use his/her skills to produce something people can enjoy :) So you want to participate in freeware project. In this case, I congratulate you, you have arrived to right place :) I also thank you for the all of us who enjoy playing freeware games. It's great to see there is persons who just simply want to share piece of amusement for us... For Free =} Anyways, even though you are willing to work for free, remember that other people participating in projects are doing so too. So please do not take too big tasks you're not able to finish, or if that happens, inform project leader about that! If others need to wait for you, it will harm more than help. So please tell honestly what you think you're capable of doing, I am positive there is smaller tasks offered too :) Also if you're unsure of what something requires, don't hestitate to ask. And if you're still unsure if you can do it, communicate with the project leader and let him/her decide. That way you can decide together if you suit for their needs :) After all, one never knows before his tries :)

2. You're a developer who needs help with his project. Well, feel free to browse around and look what people wish to offer. However remember that all of us do work for free just like you, so please respect the helpers. If we hear a bad words from you, it will propably lead to actions which will not be good for your public imago.

3. You're just interested what's going on in here. Well, feel free to browse around, and don't hestitate to join in if this starts to facinate you :)

4. You're either lost, or then you're a bot. In this case I really cannot help you. I am always lost myself too, and my bots never worked that well... You can still hear about various MazBot projects, if you talk with correct persons ^_^;

Then a few things:

Helper: When you create thread about yourself, include at least following information:
1. Your skills and experience. As well as preferred working field :)
2. Amount of time you can use.
3. When you accept a 'task', please tell it in here so developers know that you're 'taken'.
4. When you finish your 'task', tell it, and mention what kind of task it was :) That way developers can keep track of your increased experience :)

Also, remember that a thread with nice amount of finished tasks can serve as a recommendation in real life too! We cannot however promise any confirmations about your identity, if your employee asks for it :(

Developers: Please, Please give feedback to helpers. It may be important for them especially if they use this place as recommendation... Also it will help other developers to know what the helper was good with :) However be polite. If you have negative feedback about something other than obvious abuse, give it in privacy. This is meant to be free help offered to people doing free projects, and good will should be playing the MAJOR part in here! Wars are the last thing I want to see in here.

Then a few not so pleasant 'legal' notices:

1. All abuse accusations will be inspected. If it is found out that someone has abused this place, it will be instant ban. And I personally try to do it in such a way that abuser gets as bad reputation as is humanly possible.

2. All trolling flaming etc. will lead to instant ban.
3. CWF cannot be held responsible for possible deals sevelopers and helpers make. It is solely developer's and helper's business. I personally do not encourage anyone to pay to anyone, or anyone expect to be paid for anything. I believe in FREEware. Actually, I personally even believe freeware in sense of GNU free.