Caiman

For general freeware discussion - not single games.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Nicholas

Caiman

Post by Nicholas »

Pleased to meet you all. Most probably, you don't know me, but you know the website I represent: http://caiman.us/ . I am Nicholas, its current administrator, after the sad passing of the most beloved Rudy "Caiman" Versele. I saw the post about Rudy's death on the website, and I wanted to tell you that me and my fellow administrator Namo, with the help of the owner Ibo, are doing our best to start updating the website again after almost a year and a half. If the Administrators here agree, I can keep you posted about Caiman.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: Caiman

Post by eMTe »

Hello :)

I moved your post to this forum, since the one you posted in is for discussing games only. Which is not obviously clear for newcomers, I know. Just small technical issue. :)

As for Caiman, we wish you all the best. But I must ask you, as I visit Caiman (main site only, not forums) from time to time, that it seems nothing goes forward. SUAVE still hangs as the game of the day, for over a year. Do you have any trouble with pushing the project on tracks again? What are the problems?

Of course we agree to any informations on Caiman updates, we're all one community after all, freeware lovers. :)
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hi. I have to say my condolences first and formost, even though it has been some time since Rudy passed. I had the pleasure of talking via email to him and, not knowing of his condition, it came as a shock to the community in here to find out he had passed on. CWF wore a black memorial band for some time after getting to know this.

On a more lighter note - we would be pleased if you would announce news about Caiman in here, as eMTe puts it "we're all one community after all". And feel free to stop by to have a chat about freeware or whatever, whenever. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sorry for posting in the wrong section. As an Admin, that is something I really hate, and I can assure you it was not voluntary. The problem with caiman is that we have a new website ready. The only thing it needs is to move servers and some other things. The problem is that Ibo, the owner, is too busy. Me and Namo have formally placed a request to start updating the old caiman site ourselves. He still hasn't replied, but this is a lot like the African rebellions that are taking place. If one country loses the rebellion, then it's doomed for ever with the same family tree of rulers. On caiman, if we don't pull this thing through, I am afraid that it will be the end. I love the site a lot, in fact I was even going to place an ultimatum(that is, either Ibo does something about the site, or I quit). This is because I would have preferred to see the site up and running without me, rather than be an administrator of an old site.

We are doing whatever we can, meanwhile, thanks for letting me share the updates, and if you want to help, you can always join the forum ( http://www.caifox.com/) and help increase the activity. I am only 15, but I love the site enough to be able to manage it, along with Namo.

@Chroelle, is there any way I can contact you? E-mail preferably, because I can not compose a message.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Well the little mail icon beneath my avatar and stats should be working.

--Mark Twain
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

Sent, the PM button wasn't visible because I hadn't posted enough.
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

Hm... I didn't receive anything. You possibly went in my junkmail... Otherwise just PM me in here...

--Mark Twain
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

New games will be added on http://www.caifox.com/cff in the Game Reviews section. A link should be up on the caiman.us site in a few hours/days when Ibo sees my e-mail. For now that is how the website will go on.
Nicholas

Post by Nicholas »

We're not dead yet, and if anything, the future looks brighter. For now, we have decided not to tell anything, however, you can expect an announcement on the forum in the following weeks.