Assembly's game dev competition's entries

For general freeware discussion - not single games.

Moderator: Game Hunters

Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Assembly's game dev competition's entries

Post by Zyx »

One of the biggest demoscene/LAN festival, Assembly, opens this week and this time around they had a game development competition (probably had it in the previous years as well, but I didn't notice). Here are the entries. Some of them are Flash games, and one is even a NES game, but for most part they are Windows games. Also, most of them are freeware.

Many of these games are Finnish, so do expect a really, really odd humor.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Re: Assembly's game dev competition's entries

Post by Chroelle »

This looks amazing. I just downloaded ROD from Diabolix, but had some trouble getting it running properly but it plays amazing from what I tried of it. I wonder if we can host any of them???
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Chroelle wrote:This looks amazing. I just downloaded ROD from Diabolix, but had some trouble getting it running properly but it plays amazing from what I tried of it. I wonder if we can host any of them???
At least the couple I checked out had some kind of License-file or so. Fe. Ufohippa has a Creative Commons-license and fancy fang's free to redistribute as well. Vuvuzela Hero is a bit iffy, because it doesn't explicitly say the game is free to distribute (the source code is). Tricky Truck didn't have anything and Luomuheinäseipääntapinheitto needs a permission.

Of course, I'm not entirely sure all games qualify for this site...
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

But a lot of them look like they could. :D
Want to start suggesting them in the freeware forum? Otherwise we could perhaps split them up between us? I am also thinking that we should add the Apogee ones that we got permission for last week...
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Tricky Truck is really fun.
Drasir-Vel
[insert custom title here]

Post by Drasir-Vel »

Do you know how it is a nightmare to drive a truck on narrow mountain roads, with an almost vertical fall just a few inches next to your wheels. Try level 8 in Tricky Truck and you will know :)
Pater Alf
The Steel Spine of GameHunters

Post by Pater Alf »

I played "Test Drive" about 25 years ago and so I know it for a very long time... ;)
[quote="eMTe"]I dont think trying to pass the screen in computer game once per 500 tries makes you a geek. Rather a dangerous psychopath.[/quote]
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Looks like I missed a year, but here's the GameDev entries for Assembly'12. You can expect the normal amount of insanity and dark humor.
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

It's time for another Assembly. This time even I'm participating (not to the competitions, though).

Here's the list of the game competition entries for Assembly Summer'13. One notable entry, that got a lot of applause was the Assembly Simulator, KAAL by Pizzalaatikko. It's like you're there.