Ubisoft older titles freeware?

For general freeware discussion - not single games.

Moderator: Game Hunters

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Ubisoft older titles freeware?

Post by eMTe »

Yesterday, browsing some freeware site I stumbled upon a page describing Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and link called PoP: Sands of Time full version (!). I followed the link and in a second download started. Couldnt believe in my luck, so I quickly stopped downloading (it would took about 2.5 - 3 hours and I didnt have so much time anyway) and started looking for news. Wikipedia which is usually up-to-date was silent. Ubisoft various sites too. I checked the link page again (it was probably fileplanet) and noticed the warning: to play the game you must be registered Ubisoft user and you must live in US. Today Ive found this:

---

Ubisoft has released three of their famed yet slightly dated titles for free, ad-supported download and play.

Far Cry, Prince of Persia: Sands of Time and Rayman Raving Rabbids are all available for download right now, although no details have yet become available on the specifics of how or where the ads will be seen.

The games are available for download through fileplanet (links available in the downloads tab), but some reports indicate that they are not playable outside USA.

There is no indication currently as to whether or not this is a lone incident, or whether it's the start of Ubisoft releasing more ad-supported back-catalogue titles.

---

After reading this Ive found additional information that games were available from Ubisoft site for about a week or so and then downloads disappeared.

Games can be downloaded via many sites in fact, just type the name of the game and youll probably find link to download on first googlesearch page. I'm just curious if games are really not runable if you dont live in US (I'm registered user, but as Polish one and system is probably uncheatable (choosing US option in registration form is not enough, user's ip is probably stored somewhere too).

Any volunteers? I'm just curious, I dont play modern-looking games at all. :wink:
Scythe
Winner of CWF review contest!

Post by Scythe »

This was up at OG. To install the game you had to register yourself as a US resident at Ubisoft's homepage. However, there was no validation at all, ip or otherwise (I just changed my original registry from Denmark to US).

I have Far Cry installed (with annoying 10 sec McDonald's ads whenever a game area loads) and it runs otherwise just fine.
Bryandassy

Ubisoft older titles freeware

Post by Bryandassy »

Try turning the auto BD LIVE off, then pop the disc back in. See if that helps. It used to on some older titles.