My wordpress blog crashed.

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

Chroelle
Admin emeritus

My wordpress blog crashed.

Post by Chroelle »

Well it seems I made have a small error... I accidentally pressed refresh on the tab that was running an update on the theme of my wordpress blog.

I am home with the youngest who is ill, and as such my attention is divided, so does anyone know the short way to reestablishing the site. I have a backup of the database emailed to myself every week, so I shouldn't loose anything. But I cannot seem to figure out how to do it, as I keep getting interrupted by an ill daughter who wants to sit on my lap and that leads to hammering away at the keyboard etc.

I need to think straight but if anyone know a shortcut to that please let me know.
I would of course like my blog to be up and running especially since I have customers looking at it now. :)
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Re: My wordpress blog crashed.

Post by Zyx »

The database probably doesn't help you much because it just has the data, not the settings.

Strange that it totally crashed. What theme was it?
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

Quick google search would suggest that you only need to delete the theme from your blog's wp-content/themes -directory and then WP should default to the normal theme.
Do you has what it takes to join the Homestarmy? The guts? The determination? The five bucks? Join today!
Chroelle
Admin emeritus

Post by Chroelle »

That was what I found as well, but it seems that only makes my website go well blank. www.paed-it.dk You can see that nothing is happening there (unless of course I have found a solution in the meantime). Before it gave me an error message, but now it gets me nothing...

Theme was called Evolve.
Currently testing Life version 2.9 (With added second child)
(Beta testing in progress)

www.paed-it.dk - My blog in Danish

Clothes make the man. Naked people have little or no influence on society.
--Mark Twain
Zyx
Pretender to the throne

Post by Zyx »

well. it's a step forward.

looks like you can at least access the admin site now?