What is the purpose of a compiler?

Had your computer crash on you, or a website shows wrong, or your printer went dead on you? Come on in...

Moderator: Crew

eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Re: What is the purpose of a compiler?

Post by eMTe »

I don't think it does.

I need to get to the very bottom.

Cellular automaton is fine as an idea, but it does NOT explain how cellular automaton idea has become a cellular automaton idea anyway. I mean, it has this ontological or episthemological weakness, I don't know which one, choose yourself, I don't really care for this onto/epist FLOWER.

There's this singularity metaphysical notion, right? So, if it's truly metaphysical, it has no direction, no goals, no weight, no measure, no distance to drive from A to B, no language, no musical wave to follow, no physics laws, no religion laws.

And all of once, it just explodes into diversity.

I mean, both notions of singularity and diversity are fine, but how does singularity turn into diversity?

Zyx, I don't believe you never ever thought of a relativity particle, just as a mind exercise.
"As you have noticed over the years, we are not angry people." (itebygur)
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

I have revived the topic (and my account) in philosophy forums.

http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/ ... =12&t=6865

I'm curious if there's anyone new over there to shed some light on the mystery.

The issue is simple - we're working, philosophically, theoretically, on physical beings. More physical than humans - the machines. There's plastic, metal, known chemistry and physics involved. Yet there's mystery.

It's fascinating that no-one really knows what's going on between plastic, metal and mathematics.
eMTe
Cyberflaneur

Post by eMTe »

http://onlinephilosophyclub.com/forums/ ... 71#p308571

What I always dreamed of - being recognized:

"EMTe: (...) you always had quite a curious writing style but I can't remember right now the particular way in which it was curious."